Drag strip problems

your shifting to low... i shift at 8400... well it blows up at 8400. LOL...J/K

you need practice man... i like to do whbat i call the slip and dump, not to be confused with the slip or dump.

after i heat the tires and stage i get my rpm's where i wanna launch.. usually around 4000. then i ease out on the clutch till she starts to pull a touch. then when the light drops i ride it out until it's rolling and drop the hammer. ya wanna stage shallow for this approach in case you roll forward any.

• Sponsors (?)

I know my buddy dropped 2 tenths in the 1/8 going from his chrome 18" Fr's to a 17" tire setup. So yeah that's some of it.
Next is driving it. Shifting points well they vary you'll see lots of people say 5500 I know my car prefers 5900. play around and see what the car likes.
Now if your going to get real seriuos about it just get some 15" rims and tires heck with Dr's go to a bias ply or slick and let'er eat.

4k dump on a 17" dr? hmmm I blew the BFG's off at 2500. :(

My friend has a 2001 GT 5sp and ran 14.1@100mph with 3 bad gears(he's really goo driver though):shrug:

My first run ever with my car, 2001 GT 5sp, ran 14.1@100mph with Diablo Predator only and this is my first manual car ever and I'm asian:p

Before modifying anything, you just need to practice again.

d98gt said:
http://socalterminators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2813
Density Altitude = 1493 feet
Uncorrected 15.33 @ 97
Corrected 15.08 @ 98.58

Well.. Just get some more track practice :)

Yeah practice needed. with a 2.35 60 with that trap you should have gotten atleast a 14.7 or so.. but juding from your traps and your 60ft's I think your biggest problem is your shifting.

put it this way when my car just has flowmasters on it I took it to NED and with a DA of 1270 ft ( very close to the air you ran in) I went 14.4 with a 2.3X 60 and then went 14.1 on a 2.1X 60 ft at 99 mph the following week I went [email protected] on a 2.1 60 ft but the DA number that week was 29 :hail2:

So what I think you need to do is

1. practice shifting fast, then when you get that down practice full throttle upshifts

2. practice your launch, try rolling out of the clutch at 2500-3000 and find somethign your comfotable with.. Some like to go at a lower rpm like 2000 or so and dump out of the clutch and roll into the throttle.

3. when you go to the track get there early... let that car get nice and cool and take advantage of the track prep before it gets ruined. I have been in the first pair to race a couple of times and it ROCKS!!! sticky as hell in fact both times it surprised me and I bogged :(

4. do not try and kill the tree.. just concentrate on your clutch and gas and getting a consistant launch down.. then after your getting 1.9-2.1 range then start tring to get good R/T's remember R/T's do not effect your ET..

5. SHIFT HARD AND FAST!!!!!