Dream modular build...

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Olathe KS
I'm sure i'm not the only one to dream about what kind of modular they would build for their mustang if they had substantially more money than they do... but I do think my ideas are a bit different from some of you others.

So post it up. What would be your dream modular build? A high compression, naturally aspirated pump gas with trick flow heads and a nasty cam? Vortech build-up?

After we get a few replies, I'll post up my ideas of fun with a modular.

• Sponsors (?)

Built bottom, w/ the new trickflow heads, and a big ole' blower maybe something in the tork tech flavor. The trans. would be either a T-56 or TKO-600, I am undecided if I want a 6-speed or not. Im not looking for outrageous numbers but something fun and reliable enough for DD duties if I wanted it to be daily driven. Obviously it would have a full exhaust and wicked suspension.

5.3 stroker
Option 1
-Boss 5.0 3.75 bore mod motor block
-Forged 8 bolt stroker crank, Oliver billet rods, Forged 9.25 CR pistons
-large valve cnc ported 3v heads, Comp Blower cams
-A KB 2.6 stage2 (130mm throttle body), Dual GT500 pumps, 60 lb injectors
-A beefed up Lentech 4r70w with a trans brake, 2800 rpm PI stall converter.

Option 2
Same as option 1, except a KB 2.8 or Whipple 3.4.
Option 3
Same as option 1, except 4V heads, and a KB 2.8 or Whipple 3.4.
Option 4
Same as option 3 with slightly lower compression, turbo cams, and one hell of a kick ass turbo with 30 lbs of boost
Option 5
Same as option 3 with slightly lower compression, 4V heads, with a huge centrifigal blower.
Option 6
John Kaase 825 ci Boss hemi with a 12.71 blower .... oops not a mod motor!

I went for Option 1
(KB 2.6 on the car, shortblock in the garage) No heads or trans yet.
I'll go for Option 2 or Option 3 after I recover from paying for Option 1. LOL!

Horsepower .... It's an expensive and incurable disease!

white aero cobra, 03-04 swap with a single or twin turbo, and a t56.

Stock mufflers, custom headers with cats. Stock rear wheels widened to 10 inches with a set of drag radials.

Complete sleeper car, until they hear the turbos rev up.

2v dream build:
- WAP block
- 10.5:1/11:1 compression
- Trick Flow heads, ported & polished
- Modular Head Shop cams
- Trick Flow or Bullitt intake, ported
- sauced with a 150-175 shot
- back it with a built T-45

4v
- WAP block
- 11:1 compression
- Terminator heads, ported and polished
- '96-'98 cams
- short runner Mach 1 intake
- same amount of nitrous

I like nitrous setups. To me, it's something different and have good potential if you plan out a build :nice:

Since I like to be different:

Ported NPI heads
Modularheadshop NPI Stage 3.5 cams
Mark VIII bottom end
Edelbrock stepped long tubes (last set they made)
And the icing on the cake:

logan.jpg

Its possible it will be the only Logan/NPI motor in existence :D

Built 5.4 with high compression, 4v heads, stage 2 - 2.5 N/A cams, and an aussie boss 290 intake. Nitrous for the just-in-case. T-56, built rear with maybe 3.55's, MM suspension. Custom longtubes, and bassani the rest of the way.

-or-

5.0 BB, T/F heads, single turbo, turbo cams, T-56, 3.55 gears, MM 3 link in the rear.

Both set ups with the aim of being completely streetable. Yes, you can drive a 800 - 1,000hp car on the street but IMO that wouldnt be any fun. It has to have predictable power that doesnt kill itself in the corners. 100% DD capable, rain or shine (minus snow).

I just had an evil thought ....
Maybe I should forget about the KB 2.8, Whipple 3.4, or huge centri, and just compound my KB 2.6 with a Hellion twin turbo system. That's gotta be better than compounding an Eaton. That would be an insane combo!

Twin Screw + Compound Boost = no go

Twin Screw compress the air between the screws within the confines of the case housing itself....unlike an Eaton which compresses the air within the lower manifold. Meaning trying to force feed a screw compressor is going to lead to insane ACT's and eventually a broken blower.

What's the matter....a 1,200hp capable Twin Turbo/Eaton M112 combination isn't enough jam for you?