Dreaming of Spring

Husky44

10 Year Member
Sep 27, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Just realized that it's less than a month until the 95 can legally come out of hibernation! Not sure if the roads will be ready, but it's time to start thinking about switching over to the summer ride.

So here's my question: The 347 in my 67 is sitting there waiting for the car to be complete (5 years and counting). It's out of a 91 LX--could I swap it into the 95? What would I have to change out to make this work (other than the oil pan)?

Basics: 5.0, stroked to 347, Trick Flow HCI. It seems a shame to leave it sit and never get any use. And maybe in a year or two when I finish the 67, I'd have a good excuse to put in a NEW 5.0! :D

Whadda ya think?

• Sponsors (?)

do it. tomorrow.

i assume when you say trick flow hci you mean its a FI intake? if so they there is nothing stopping you. swap out the timing cover/water pump and keep all your accessory and you're golden.

do it. tomorrow.

i assume when you say trick flow hci you mean its a FI intake? if so they there is nothing stopping you. swap out the timing cover/water pump and keep all your accessory and you're golden.

Wow, I strained a brain muscle trying to figure out what FI stood for for a Trick Flow intake. :(

Yeah, it's fuel injected. The basics are listed in my sig under the project 67.

Any clearance issues on our stock hoods with the TF intake?

i am hoping spring will hold off a little longer until i finish getting the fairlane ready for the road!

if the valve covers are stock (or stock height), there shouldn't be any issues with the TF intake. otherwise, you might need a spacer to clear the VCs and the a hood to clear the intake.

what rockers do you have on that beast?

phoenix might be great in december, but how is it in july?

friday is supposed to be 70 and sunny here in DC. i hope to drive the fairlane to work that day. i have the new driver's seat in, but the passenger seat is out and the back seat is still the old cover.