Driver Front Hard Brake Line Routing?

90_Red_LX

Sep 29, 2003
Asheboro, NC
I'm trying to get the car finally running after two years this weekend. I converted 5 lug and discs. I got all the lines ran but the drivers front, and for the life of me I can't remember how it went. Anyone have any pics or decent description? I think I'm over complicating it. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I just replaced mine when I finished the disc conversion. I don't have a pic, and I cant draw, but basically it comes from the caliper and goes toward the front of the car, then bend it 90 degrees and a little further bend it 90 degrees, so it is going toward the back of the car, then bend it 90 degrees toward the passenger side and it goes through a small opening about where the rear part of the wheel would be. Then bend it going on an upward angle towards the front to meet with the modified proportioning valve or brass T. I'll see if I can get a pic later, or find a diagram for you.

I have pics of this routing but it's on my camera at work!

Put simply: The line routes from the wheel opening side thru the split between the frame rail and the top spring perch. The fitting on the line that curls back on itself about 180 degrees fits the outer side going to the softline connector. The other end connects to the proportioning valve.

I'm going to see if I can figure this out lol. The one feeding the rear was still in place so it was just a pita to redo, the pass front I done some figuring but this driver fronts got me in a loop lol.

If anyone gets a pic I would greatly appreciate it.