Driver Side Seat Motor Question??

jsteeda

Sep 8, 2009
I have a 1994 Mustang Cobra and the seat motor went out a few years back, I tried finding one at the time, however I was unable to hunt one down so I slowly forgot about it.

I started driving the car more now for the fall and its driving me nuts that it doesn't work. I have looked all over the internet and the closest I found was the entire front seat mounting bracket with motors, however its around $400. Does anyone have a website where I can pick one up at?

I even went to the local Ford dealer and they said it was discontinued.

James

• Sponsors (?)

i've got one that dont work (well it'll go up and down but thats it) ... well since that was no help ive seen a few on ebay but, who knows if the gears are stripped or not. thats a big chance!

try a junkyard, craigslist or ebay. my power seat track broke awhile back so I replaced it with a manual one. I never adjust the seat so I didn't see a need to replace it with another power track.

I have a 1994 Mustang Cobra and the seat motor went out a few years back, I tried finding one at the time, however I was unable to hunt one down so I slowly forgot about it.

I started driving the car more now for the fall and its driving me nuts that it doesn't work. I have looked all over the internet and the closest I found was the entire front seat mounting bracket with motors, however its around $400. Does anyone have a website where I can pick one up at?

I even went to the local Ford dealer and they said it was discontinued.

James
I have one I'll sell for $150 shipped. I swapped to newer seats and no longer need it. Bought it new in 06. Are you sure it's the seat and not the switch? I had to replace mine in early 07''.

My seat track was very slow and difficult to move. I found that the white lithium grease on the tracks had thickened up, making it difficult to move. So, I cleaned off the old stuff and re-applied lithium grease - voila! It worked as good as new again.

My seat track was very slow and difficult to move. I found that the white lithium grease on the tracks had thickened up, making it difficult to move. So, I cleaned off the old stuff and re-applied lithium grease - voila! It worked as good as new again.

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to have to try that.

Kurt

I have a track with good motors from my 95, the track is broken but the motors and gear drives are fine. I'm just looking for the shipping costs and something maybe for the trouble. Pm me if interested.
Thanks Steve