Driver side window won't operate but window motor is fine

Bidd95vert

Nov 25, 2011
I have a 5.0GT Vert and today I changed my drivers side window regulator bushings and now the window will not go up or down. All other windows work just fine. So i took the drivers side window motor back out and connected to the passenger side switches and the motor worked fine. Seems like the motor is not getting power on the drivers side. I am assuming that the fuses are just fine considering that the other three windows work just fine. Also checked the window without the motor installed and the window moves smoothly up and down by hand, so doesn't seem to be a window mechanism problem.
I have a voltmeter but a little stump'd on how to proceed. Anyone have any idea's ?

• Sponsors (?)

Remove the switch and spray the insides with with electrical contact cleaner. That may fix it.

Unfortunately I haven't seen a wiring diagram for the power door locks. If I had one, I would post it for you.

EVTM_p068.jpg

Attachments

• EVTM_p068.jpg
    EVTM_p068.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 89
Thanks to the diagram, you can see how the switches are working. Check for 12 volts across the inoperative motor when you actuate the switches. The switches reverse polarity across the motor so that one way it locks and the other way it unlocks. For this reason, test the motor in both lock and unlock modes.

If you are feeling energetic, swap the lock switches around and see if the problem follows the switch.

Probably the switch, the contacts get corroded & erroded over time. Since the driver's side get used a lot more, they are the first to go bad. I've repaired them with Corrosion Block, but most replace them.

Ditto on Ford switches. I replaced one whole master switch a year ago on my F-150. When the same window wouldn't work this year, I just popped the the switch, hit it a few times with a pencil eraser and I was back in business.