Driver's side power window stuck down

UNO 5.0

Jul 25, 2004
Im looking at buying a 93 GT but the driver's side power window is stuck in the down position. Power window motor measures 1-2ohms and the motor is getting 12v. Bad motor possibly? Or possibly bad switch? How hard is the motor to install?

• Sponsors (?)

Just fixed my window with same problem. I went to autozone and bought a 'window gear rebuilt kit'. What goes bad are the three nylon 'balls' that make the drive gears mesh together. When they go bad, outer gear run by motor will not turn inner gear that is hooked to window regulator. Take door panel off. Unplug motor. Drill out four pop rivots holding the motor in door. They are towards the front of the door. Remove the speaker from door. Remove the motor front bottom thru speaker hole. Remove the three hex bolts and 1 screw holding the gear set to the motor. Inside you will see large white gear, what is left of the 'balls', and the small inner gear. Put new gear in, grease, put cap back on, and install motor with small bolts and nuts instead of pop rivots. Hook everything back up and you will have a window that works like brand new for $15.99 + tax.
Dealer will want $34 for the balls and large gear only. Zone is $15.99 for the large gear, balls, small gear, cover, screws, grease....... IT BE GOOD DEAL!!!!

Be careful when you pull the motor loose. Block up window, it can fall with no motor to hold it.

Whole project took me about 45 min. from start to finish.

Good luck

Randy :)