Driveshaft bolts wont budge!

• Sponsors (?)

It took me 2 hours and several broken wrenches to finally figure out I needed heat! By using a propane torch, I got all of them off in about 10 minutes! Heat, heat, heat, heat! Heat each bolt/flange area for about 2 minutes minimum and they sould come off w/ a little effort. :nice:

cardudeusa said:
Thanks for all the replies! The torch and doubled up wrench worked like a charm. Now all I have to do is get everything unhooked and the motor and trans are coming out together. Anyone know if I need to pull the a/c condenser out to get the motor out?
I would also like to know,, If at the point of pulling and would be alot easier to pull it at once if it's possible in these cars....

cardudeusa said:
Are you thinking of the a/c compressor right above the p/s pump or the condensor that sits behind the radiator? I have everything off the front of the motor, but debating if I need to pull the condensor out also. :scratch:
no you dont. good luck. i can pull my motor in 1 1/2 hours now. gets easy after the first time. ive done it like 6 times between my 2 stangs