Driveshaft for T5 conversion

• Sponsors (?)

It will bolt in but it will most likely need shortened about 1", that seems to be the average for a T5 swap. There are a few variables here. The best way is to crawl under the car and get a best guesstimate, then take the driveshaft to a shop and have them shorten it to your specification. I did this for mine and it was indeed 1".
I'm not 100% sure what my overall length is to be honest. Let me know if you don't have a driveshaft at all and need to have one made, I'll crawl under my car and measure it for you.

Btw, welcome to Stangnet! :)

Reactions: 1 user
It will bolt in but it will most likely need shortened about 1", that seems to be the average for a T5 swap. There are a few variables here. The best way is to crawl under the car and get a best guesstimate, then take the driveshaft to a shop and have them shorten it to your specification. I did this for mine and it was indeed 1".
I'm not 100% sure what my overall length is to be honest. Let me know if you don't have a driveshaft at all and need to have one made, I'll crawl under my car and measure it for you.

Btw, welcome to Stangnet! :)

Thanks for the info. It actually doesn’t have a drive shaft, so I’ll need to get one.

Reactions: 1 user
As luck would have it, I got stuck at work late yesterday so my reminder did me absolutely no good. It's reset and I'll try to get to it tonight.

Ok, this will be a ROUGH measurement, but should get you in the ballpark. I was in a pretty bad position to ensure I was measuring from both U-joint centerlines, but CL to CL was around 44-45".