Driveshaft rubs on e-brake cable bracket!

arbailey

Founding Member
Sep 24, 2002
New Jersey
E-brake cable bracket rubs on driveshaft!

I have an '88 coupe that I installled the FMS aluminum driveshaft to eliminate the vibrations from the 3.55 gears. The vibrations went away, but now whenever I have more than 1 person in the car and I go over a dip in the road where the body "squats" down, the e-brake cable bracket will rub or "ping" off the driveshaft. I have seen posts similar to this one about the '94-'95 cars, but never a fox body. Any help would be graetly appreciated! PS, the car has new F/R springs (stock height), shocks, bushings, etc... And the previous had converted the car to rear disc. Also, unlike the '94-'95 cars my e-brake cable bracket is not welded to the body it just kind of hangs there. Should it be like that?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem on my 94. Jimmy LaRocca from LaRocca's performance found the problem and reattached the brocken bracket using rivets. It worked. You may want to give a call since you live in Jersey for advice on your 88. I don't think it's supposed to hang. Worst case...a bracket may have to be fabricated to fix??