drove a 04 STi stage 2.

• Sponsors (?)

Blue Blurr said:
His car doesn't have 360whp, it probably as around 260whp if it has a turbo back and tune.

it's the Prodrive stage 2. that's about all i know. my neighbor said the previous owner said it had 360awhp, but maybe it's flywheel. anyway, doing a search, i've found dyno from 220-254hp for stock STi's. the 220 was a Mustang dyno.

DBMSTNG said:
it's the Prodrive stage 2. that's about all i know. my neighbor said the previous owner said it had 360awhp, but maybe it's flywheel. anyway, doing a search, i've found dyno from 220-254hp for stock STi's. the 220 was a Mustang dyno.

yesterday we slapped a 20g on my buddies 06 WRX. the car used to get trampled by my other buddies S1 SRT4.

after getting it tuned by one of the best subie tuners in cali(or the west coast, owner of Gruppe-S), the car put down 265hp/290tq on a mustang dyno.

it now rapes the SRT4 without lube.

sucks too, cause he used to be the slowest car in the group after me, now im slowest. i guess im gonna have to do some modding soon.

Has anyone realized this a road version of a ****in rally car?? Go watch a rally race and see what kinda wings you see on the cars? along with badges and hoodscoops. And yes the hoodscoop directly feeds air to the intercooler, so it is fucntional.

DBMSTNG said:
I know one guy that has the Prodrive stage 2 on his car also
and he has a 04 STI too boot.He showed me two dyno runs
after it was installed.He made 319 whp on the first run and
322 whp on the second run.Seeing how every car is different
their are still more efficient and more aggressive maps out there.
I honestly don't think his car is making 360 whp with just the Prodrive
stage 2.He is probably making more like 315-325 whp.
Their are different stage 2 maps out there that can and will make
350-360 whp but, the Prodrive stage 2 not one of them.

having not read anything but the OP, The reason it didnt feel as fast as your GT is the AWD... the way it propels the car is diffrent and as a passenger it feels even weirder... was it a vishnu or cobb stage 2 kit? my friend had a vishnu kit and it went 7.80 in the 1/8th and would get sideways off the line if he launched it to high.

I actaully like the WRXs/STi, there is one that rolls through my neighborhood, can't tell if it's a STi or reg WRX cause it's all debadged, no wing and everything, but it does sound pretty mean at startup and idleing. Boxer engine has a cool non ricer sound to it. I'm sure he can at least beat Toyota Avalons as well.

Pennywise2 said:
I know one guy that has the Prodrive stage 2 on his car also
and he has a 04 STI too boot.He showed me two dyno runs
after it was installed.He made 319 whp on the first run and
322 whp on the second run.Seeing how every car is different
their are still more efficient and more aggressive maps out there.
I honestly don't think his car is making 360 whp with just the Prodrive
stage 2.He is probably making more like 315-325 whp.
Their are different stage 2 maps out there that can and will make
350-360 whp but, the Prodrive stage 2 not one of them.

i would believe low 300's. like i said, it didn't feel as fast as my GT. even tho i should be making a little over 400rwhp right now, i've still got more weight than him and 2 less gears.

Dope 97GT said:
my friends car doesnt have that much done to it really dual stage boost controller upgraded bov and wastegate with a front mount intercooler.

but yeah its pretty darn fast...makes my friends 04 vette look dumb.:nonono:

but my other friend who has the 06 roush stage 3 gets him but he has a couple mods himself:D

and let me tell you the roush is gorgeous:nice:

running a MBC on a subie=:nono: .

the ecu controls boost and runs a fuel curve based on what its trying to accomplish. take away the ecu's ability to manage boost and you take away a major part of the pyramid of things the ecu needs to run efficiently.

my buddies 20g'd 06 wrx just got tuned by Gruppe-S and its a whole different car than it was a stock turbo ago.

Duke309 said:
sti-front.jpg

This is not the newer style front, it was redesigned in 05 or 06 and looks a lot worse

Ok lets start from the front this time, I count three different STi badges, yes three, and all are in pink. Why pink? I can't answer this question, maybe they market this car to homosexuals:rolleyes: , I don't know about that though. They have to put STi in three different places just so people dont confuse this car with a run of the mill wrx with a giganto wing. Black or white would have been much better for the badges.

Thats a pretty damn big hoodscoop for a four cylinder car :nono: , I'm not positive, but I think it is functional for just allowing in cooler air, it does look sort of out of place though.

**** I hate that wing :mad: , just look how far it sticks out from the rear fender, it just looks retarded.

Overall I can say that on this pictures year of STi, I like the front more than the back, just like the new mustangs.

As far as the hoodscoop goes, yes it's completely functional and routes air down to the top-mount-intercooler. Unlike that big hunk of useless plastic that Ford chose to callously stick on the hoods of newer Mustang GTs.

Now the park-bench rear wing might not be everyone's cup of tea, but at least it's functional, unlike the rear wing on ANY mustang, except for the Cobra R (which, strangely enough, also has an abnormally large rear wing).

The STi is a damn nice little car, great performance in a cheap box. Half the folks on here bitch and moan about not having functional items, but when someone else does it and actually makes them all functional, they complain.

Attachments

• sti-front.jpg
    sti-front.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 54
Kilgore Trout said:
:rlaugh: you must be rich or something ain't nothing "cheap" about an STi from where I am standing...

sit inside one, and you'll realize what he's talking about. the interior is about a half step better than a late 90's Hyundai. there's no mistaking it's economy car roots.

DBMSTNG said:
i would believe low 300's. like i said, it didn't feel as fast as my GT. even tho i should be making a little over 400rwhp right now, i've still got more weight than him and 2 less gears.
The downfall is that it is AWD and it will never have
the lowend torque your RWD Mustang GT has.

thomas91169 said:
running a MBC on a subie=:nono: .

the ecu controls boost and runs a fuel curve based on what its trying to accomplish. take away the ecu's ability to manage boost and you take away a major part of the pyramid of things the ecu needs to run efficiently.

my buddies 20g'd 06 wrx just got tuned by Gruppe-S and its a whole different car than it was a stock turbo ago.

i dont know too much about them at all so i cant tell you if its good or bad to use a boost controller but the thing smokes A LOT of cars and it has no mechanical problems so it must not be that bad for it:shrug:

but idk its not my car so i dont really care although it is a very nice ride.

pinski said:
As far as the hoodscoop goes, yes it's completely functional and routes air down to the top-mount-intercooler. Unlike that big hunk of useless plastic that Ford chose to callously stick on the hoods of newer Mustang GTs.

Now the park-bench rear wing might not be everyone's cup of tea, but at least it's functional, unlike the rear wing on ANY mustang, except for the Cobra R (which, strangely enough, also has an abnormally large rear wing).

The STi is a damn nice little car, great performance in a cheap box. Half the folks on here bitch and moan about not having functional items, but when someone else does it and actually makes them all functional, they complain.

Heh, I don't really care how functional the goody bits on an STi are, its still ugly imho, and we all know you can't outrun ugly. As to all the rally bits they put on it, why? Its roots may be a rally car, but just like every SUV you see driven by a woman, how many tow stuff or goes offroading, not many, I don't know many people that go racing on dirt or snow courses with their STi's either. So I will give it some slack for the fact that the hoodscoop is functional, but they could make it less gawdy. Don't get me started on the interior, for a 35 grand car they went cheap as hell on the interior.

Offtopic, wtf is with my post count, its still at 4. That was like 30 posts ago.

Duke309 said:
Heh, I don't really care how functional the goody bits on an STi are, its still ugly imho, and we all know you can't outrun ugly. As to all the rally bits they put on it, why? Its roots may be a rally car, but just like every SUV you see driven by a woman, how many tow stuff or goes offroading, not many, I don't know many people that go racing on dirt or snow courses with their STi's either. So I will give it some slack for the fact that the hoodscoop is functional, but they could make it less gawdy. Don't get me started on the interior, for a 35 grand car they went cheap as hell on the interior.

Offtopic, wtf is with my post count, its still at 4. That was like 30 posts ago.

but they can go off road my stang cannot and sometimes i would like to:D

and i believe the posts only count in the tech section so people cant pad there post count