Drove a 4.6L

Shawneebear93

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 4, 2004
Salisbury Twp, Allentown, PA
I went over my buddys place last night with my girl, we're hanging out listening to his band play. Theyre really good and I wanted to watch more but she hadda be home early beacuse her parents are wack. So its like 12 and we're at her house and I say, "Im tired now that Im sitting here not doing anything, I'ma head home." So I leave and go back to my friends house and call her outside and and say I'm going to bed, etc.
I kinda felt bad until I pull up his driveway and see this kid in an 94-98 Mustang. Im thinking who could that be? He was leaving and I ran inside after druhling (sp) over the exhaust and found out it was my one friends boyfriend from Jersey and he would be back!! Yes!! So he comes back and Im dyin at this point for my buddies to stop playin so I can talk to this kid.
Finally they stop and we walk outside and I say to him
Me: "So, Sean, when you gonna let me drive this?"
Sean: "Right now."
Me: "For real?"
Sean: "Yeah, let me grab my cigarettes quick."
Me: Where are the keys?"
Sean:"In the igntion.
He quick pops the hood - has K&N FIPK, 70mm TB, something about crank and rods (I was *****t!ng bricks, I dont remember-forged maybe?), Saleen hood, Clear Headlights, Billet Grille, 2 1/2 MAC O/R -Pipe, Flowmasters (I think), MAC 3 1/2 Tailpipes, D-Spec Stage 3 Clutch.
He hands me the keys and says, "With that clutch, you're gonna feel it."
Says take it to the end of the driveway and turn around (friends house is huge with like a 1/4 mile driveway - coinsidence - NO!) But the driveway is real windy/dark, so I didn't go nutz on it take it to then end and make a quick right into the parking lot to turn around, and I floored it so bad outta the lot and jammed into second, it knocked me into the seat. Then I made a dumb mistake and went back in the driveway, I shoulda at least gotten it into 3rd, but I already went past what he wanted me to, and if it was my car, I prolly wouldnt have let anyone drive it.
But yea, qualifies as the greatest night of my life!
I was so happy, hadda tell the g/f so I jus said they called me later and needed a jump-start and I went back.
Edit : 17x9 Nittos front and 17x10 Nitto DR rear

• Sponsors (?)

Haha, i remember the first time i drove a 5.0 and a 4.6L Mustang. Were the best rides i ever took. I kinda take it for granted that i can do it every day now but thinking back to those times i sure did have a HUGE smile on my face after getting out of the car!

I drove a '00 GT vert at work last week; never got out of 2nd, but it was pretty nice anyway. :nice: My friends' SVO's feel faster, but maybe that's because I've only ridden in them and have driven the GT. :shrug:

edit: Actually, I'm stupid....one of my friends has beaten an '01 GT on the street with his '85 SVO, and he hasn't even had it for more than a few weeks. No wonder it feels faster. :doh: :D

Ash

Mustang5L5 said:
Haha, i remember the first time i drove a 5.0 and a 4.6L Mustang. Were the best rides i ever took. I kinda take it for granted that i can do it every day now but thinking back to those times i sure did have a HUGE smile on my face after getting out of the car!

ditto

yup! i helped my buddy work on his 94gt (5oh). Changed the headgaskets, put a trickflow intake and a full mac exhuast. It an AODE but concidering the fastest i had driven was my 2.3 w/n2o (quick..not fast). Anyways...as a thankyou my buddy let me take em for a spin...so i got it a little sideways ;)

i could drive around in that thing all day and drool over the ehxuast note.

ps:i soon after finished my turbo swap ...now he drools.

LOL, I drove an '04 Cobra a few weeks ago at my work, got to take it on the street for a little bit, let me tell you, for thouse of you that have never had the pleasure, OMFG, nothin but pull. I steped on the gas and let the clutch out, and :eek: And the SC makes an Ohh So beautifull sound. I parked it and steped out, I almost couldnt walk, the adrenelen was flowing so much. :D :D :D :D :D :D