Drove the GT auto. Impressions inside...

VOORHEES

Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy
Mod Dude
Nov 9, 1999
LaGrange, GA
Car is overall very nice. Interior is very nice. Layout is great. The auto is very smooth, but I still prefer to row my own gears. That way I can build RPMs in each gear. It would take very little to get used to it from my 99 GT. Very smooth on interstate, even at 110mph. :D She will roll on quite well, the increase in power is very noticeable.
I can't wait for the 5-speed and the next Cobra. :hail2:
-Jason

• Sponsors (?)

Unless you post some photos of the car you drove, the salesman and you in front of the car, a picture clearly showing your hand twisting the key in the ignition (there's got to be a ring or a wristwatch, or birthmark or tattoo, that directly ties your photo in front of the car to your starting the car), a picture taken as you are driving down the road out the windshield (be careful, and it should show a blurry landscape to prove you were actually moving), a photo of your foot on the gas pedal (again, should tie directly with prior photo), and a picture of you shaking hands with the owner of the dealership out front by the sign, and a picture of the owner clearly holding up a signed affidavit swearing that you INDEED drove the car......... Unless you produce all those photos....I'll have to wave the BS flag!! :bs:

Of course, I'm just kidding!!!! Can't wait to drive one myself! :nice:

Tupperware said:
...so I take it the salesman at MY dealership is full of **** when he told me that (and I quote) "they [read Ford] aren't producing any auto. gt's yet because it's so 'limited production.'" ?

-Jake
sounds like you were on the wrong page with the dealer. they probably thought you meant the Ford GT(40) instead of the mustang gt

Auto Dealerships somehow have perpetuated through the years as absolute bastions of automotive ignorance. It's beyond being funny, it's pathetic. You'd have better luck asking a cashier at Home Depot how to build a house yourself from the ground-up, than asking a dealership salesperson or sales manager anything relevent about a new product line. There are exceptions to the norm of course, and I have encountered a few knowledgable, and/or courteous and attentive salespeople. But as a rule, take what you learn at a dealership as having ZERO credibility.

RICKS said:
Unless you post some photos of the car you drove, the salesman and you in front of the car, a picture clearly showing your hand twisting the key in the ignition (there's got to be a ring or a wristwatch, or birthmark or tattoo, that directly ties your photo in front of the car to your starting the car), a picture taken as you are driving down the road out the windshield (be careful, and it should show a blurry landscape to prove you were actually moving), a photo of your foot on the gas pedal (again, should tie directly with prior photo), and a picture of you shaking hands with the owner of the dealership out front by the sign, and a picture of the owner clearly holding up a signed affidavit swearing that you INDEED drove the car......... Unless you produce all those photos....I'll have to wave the BS flag!! :bs:

He's Jason Voorhees! He's not going to go through all that! He just whipped out the 'ol machete, chopped the salesman up, chucked him in the trunk, and took that car for a joy ride! :D

Voorhees: Tell me, do bodies fit in the trunk well or do you have to dismember them first?

manicmustangman said:
He's Jason Voorhees! He's not going to go through all that! He just whipped out the 'ol machete, chopped the salesman up, chucked him in the trunk, and took that car for a joy ride! :D

Voorhees: Tell me, do bodies fit in the trunk well or do you have to dismember them first?

I didn't bother to open the trunk. :shrug: It would to need to be a big trunk, cause it was a big salesman. :D Dismembering would help.
-Jason

RICKS said:
You didn't open the trunk?? How could you go look at the car, drive it, and not open the trunk?? And you didn't even take a picture of the trunk!!! I'm sorry, but I'm once again having to say :bs:

;) :D

Give me a break, I did open the hood and notice the amount of room for different headers. :)