Drum to Disc brake conversion

• Sponsors (?)

The cheapest and a very easy way to do it is to find an older ford granada, everything is the same, i did it to my 68 coupe i bought new pads and rotors, but i would grab the pedal and the master cylinder/ booster for power brakes.

The cheapest and a very easy way to do it is to find an older ford granada, everything is the same, i did it to my 68 coupe i bought new pads and rotors, but i would grab the pedal and the master cylinder/ booster for power brakes.

It's the same for a '67-'70 Mustang, but not the same for a '65/'66 Mustang. Front end geometry and track width of '75-'80 Granada/Monarch is same as '67-'70 Mustang, but '65/'66 Mustang is 2" narrower.

CSRP, however, also has new Granada-based spindle castings specifically designed to put the Granada type discs on a '65/'66 Mustang.

Wrecking yard Granada discs can be put on a '65/'66, but the potential for excessive bumpsteer issues can occur --particularly if the front suspension has been modified with shorter springs and dropped A-arms.

I have a 66 289 mustang and trying to find out the easiest options for converting drum to disc brakes with out buying a conversion kit. Anyone have any solutions or ideas?

You can bolt the Factory style K/H 4 Piston per caliper disc brakes on your present spindle, won't even have to change alignment.

Rotors are 11 19/64", Excellent factory 65 66 Mustang Brakes.

Dan @

Chockostang