dry looking door handle

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
Port Elgin, Ontario
The door handles on my car are some sorta plastic. They are starting to look light grey from being dry. Have any of you guys found anything that makes them look black again. I tried some tire foam stuff last year and it worked for a bit but not that long..

• Sponsors (?)

Try "Back to Black" by Mothers. It couldn't completely restore the fenders on my Cherokee but it did a damn good job trying.

But, if you ask me, you might just look for metal handles and swap them out, and maybe throw a layer of black paint on them before you do. You're gonna be real pissed when one of them break..lol. Hell being in Canada i'm surprised you haven't already...every one i've broke was in the winter.

easy to swap out, just 2 rivets hold them on, you have to take the door panel off, remove the metal rod from the handle, drill the rivets out and rivet the new ones on, then put the metal door rod back in place. and your good to do.

i bought the black metal handles from 5.0 resto they are a nice gloss black and last longer.

easy to swap out, just 2 rivets hold them on, you have to take the door panel off, remove the metal rod from the handle, drill the rivets out and rivet the new ones on, then put the metal door rod back in place. and your good to do.

i bought the black metal handles from 5.0 resto they are a nice gloss black and last longer.

I bought the black metal door handles from 5.0 resto, a few months ago. Fairly cheap and looks great. :nice:

i just put new metal ones on my car about 4 days ago. now i'm not afraid to open my doors anymore! my passenger side was already broke and my driver side was definitely going to sooner than later. i didn't rivit them back on, i used bolts so i wouldn't have to drill again if something happens. go with some metal ones man. i got a pair off ebay for $20 shipped.

Careful if you're going to use the rivet gun to replace the door handles. That thing can kick like a mule. Protect the surrounding and have someone hold the handle in place while you crank on the rivet gun. No way you can do this yourself and get them perfectly straight. Been there done that.

hell, if you are going to take the door panel off to paint the mirrors, you may as well get metal door handles and swap them out. the 5.0 resto ones are nice and heavy.
HELP also makes a metal handle, but they are like 25 a pop.