dry nitrous: can i?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't follow. You want to spray the nitrous before the MAF? That's not how it's done, the MAF doesn't add fuel based on measuring the extra oxygen from the nitrous. You either need to either run a complete system which adds fuel by shutting off the return line, increasing fuel pressure, or you need to run a wet kit that adds fuel itself.

I don't follow. You want to spray the nitrous before the MAF? That's not how it's done, the MAF doesn't add fuel based on measuring the extra oxygen from the nitrous. You either need to either run a complete system which adds fuel by shutting off the return line, increasing fuel pressure, or you need to run a wet kit that adds fuel itself.

ok buddy thanks for your opinion. the spray cools the wire and adds more fuel.
no offence to stangnet but ls1 tech is great with tech questions. here is a great thread on what you just stated. read it!
i want to do it this way!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7914301&highlight=auto+tech#post7914301

go ahead and listen to your ls1 buddies and report back after you spray it. every dry kit i have seen on a mustang has it after the maf. the instructions in my kit recommend putting it in the throttle body. the kit even came with a tap to do so.

Read it, found this quote particularly reassuring, since it says the exact same thing that I said:

b00sted on LS1 Tech said:
He must think it's like a mustang. Except a mustang dry kit closes off the fuel return line and boosts the pressure at the injectors to get the added fuel.

Sounds like someone on that site has an idea what he's talking about. The LS1 F-Bodies use a returnless fuel system, so they need to compensate somehow. The nitrous systems for that application are designed, taking that into account. If you also noticed, someone in that thread also pointed out that they must be thinking about the LT1 F-Bodies when talking about placing the nozzle behind the MAF. Those systems used a similar system as the Mustang, with a return line. You can go ahead and put it before the MAF, and do nothing about adding more fuel to the mixture. I'll be happy to reply to your thread in the future about replacing your head gaskets, or helping with the question about rebuilding your shortblock when it detonates heavily. My two cents...

Dont do it! The maf on a gm does work different, for one it has 3 wires in it unlike the mustangs 1 wire. It gives different readings. If you even read your own link they talk about the differents between an ls1 and a mustang.

Dont do it! The maf on a gm does work different, for one it has 3 wires in it unlike the mustangs 1 wire. It gives different readings. If you even read your own link they talk about the differents between an ls1 and a mustang.

yes i think this is correct.
no i am not looking for someone to support my "innital thought" i got the idea because of the F body dry kits.
i have thought about this and i think the ford and GM mafs work differently.
i know for a fact on a F body this works great. but i do think they are different.
i guess i will just use the wet kit i have. (dry is easier to hide)

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords did an article where they made the untimate sleeper nitrous kit. put a 10lb bottle in the door and ran the lines through the PVC system until it came in at the bottom of the 5.0L intake at the vacume port. they made i believe 75 hp with this kit (dry setup) and the nitrous was obviously after the MAF. I would trust anything that they do. the've been around that stuff since most of it started.