Dual Exhaust V-6 option?

jaki30

Oct 24, 2003
Would anyone think a dual exhaust option on the V-6 is a viable idea?
I want an 05 vert, so, waiting until next spring sounds like enough time to
try to convince Ford. Any opinions out there?

• Sponsors (?)

I highly doubt that Ford will offer dual exhaust on the V6. But I bet that within 6 months of the introduction of the 05, you will have several aftermarket dual exhuast conversions to choose from.

im not getting the v6 but did you notice the bumper indent this time for the exhaust? thats means if you wants to add duals exhausts you would probably need the GT bumper or it would look like crap. :shrug:

Look for yourself at the production photo:
05MUST44.jpg

A second reason they probably won't ever do it(for the foreseable future at least) is that they wanted to make it more readily noticeable the differences between the V6 and the GT models. And one of the quickest and easiest ways of telling that is with the dual exhausts. But like CJ said give it a few months and there will be aftermarket exhausts available. Or you could always have somebody fab you up a custom setup(but it'll be expensive as hell).

Omegalock said:
A second reason they probably won't ever do it(for the foreseable future at least) is that they wanted to make it more readily noticeable the differences between the V6 and the GT models. And one of the quickest and easiest ways of telling that is with the dual exhausts. But like CJ said give it a few months and there will be aftermarket exhausts available. Or you could always have somebody fab you up a custom setup(but it'll be expensive as hell).
I agree with the first part about reading the model differences. But your last statement i believe is very wrong. It is not "expensive as hell" to get a custom dual exhaust on a 6.