Dual Exhaust

Sally00V6

May 15, 2004
New York
What is a good, relatively inexpensive dual exhaust kit for my Stang? I need to get one and i don't really know which to go with. I don't have the money for the Flowmaster's but MAC Kenny Brown and a couple other companies make them. Also where can i get these?

• Sponsors (?)

Just go to a muffler shop. Cost me 300 for true dual, 18 in glass packs, and alluminized piping that won't rust and probably last longer then the car. 2.25 piping and chrome tips included in that cost too. cheapest way to go i believe and it sounds great.

DBMSTNG said:
please, whatever you do, get the GT bumper with the cut outs for the dual exhaust. it looks really tacky with the V6 bumper.
come on, no it doesn't.

By the way, Audioslave rules...

Attachments

• mcow-mustang.gif
    mcow-mustang.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 149
cheapest way

i went to a local muffler shop, had them use the original pipes on one side, eliminated the mufflers, added pipes for the second side and it cost me 200 dollars installed.....it soudns great......i'm going to go back and have them eliminate 2 cats and it will sound even better

what are you saying

you think it sinds like a rice rocket? well your wrong.....everytime i go somewhere and i'm next to a V8 they want to knwo what i have in it.....doesn't sound ricey at all

The Mac exhaust kit has 2.5" pipes. I think it looks great (from the pics I've seen). I just wish mine would hurry up and ship already. Partshopper had to backorder them from Mac, and it's taking forever (3 weeks already. Friday will be 4 weeks). I'm getting really anxious.

i can't remember

the first thing i did when i got the car was take it down and have them put exhaust on it. I never really punched it much without the exhaust. i have 3" tips....it sounds and looks good

A catback should be a driveway job by anyone. If you know how to use a ratchet then you can install a catback exhaust.

That's my thoughts, and there's no way I'm paying someone money to do something that I can do for free for myself.

PonyJoe said:
A catback should be a driveway job by anyone. If you know how to use a ratchet then you can install a catback exhaust.

That's my thoughts, and there's no way I'm paying someone money to do something that I can do for free for myself.

unles you want a full welded system, or know someone who can install it and build you an x pipe cheaper than you could buy one :p

($120 built me a custom x pipe and installed it all, welded all the way back.)

cheapest way here we go.

buy GT takeoff exhaust, take it to a shop, cut the y pipe off, weld true duals on and you are set WITH nice tips as well!

then...later if you want you can swap to ANY mufflers you want being that you have the dual exhaust already.

its like 100 for GT takeoffs and like 50-100 to install them depending on where you go.

Or you could go side exhaust like me :)

borla.jpg