Dumb Question: Aftermarket Overflow Bottle

JordanB21

Feb 6, 2012
Killeen, Texas
I picked up a bottle like this for cheap locally: http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/sum-g1472.jpg

The difference between mine and this one is that this one has a valve at the bottom, mine has a hose at the top and bottom.

I wanted to make sure that I should simply mount it somewhere and then the top hose is used for run off when the engine gets too hot and the bottom hose connects to the spout by the radiator cap (just like the stock bottle). Non-recirculating and such.

Instead of the one where the top is connected to the spout by the radiator cap, and the bottom is for run off by turning on/off the bottom's valve.

I know it's a dumb question, and I did do some searching but most were using it as a recirculating bottle.

• Sponsors (?)

i have a non recirculating summit black bottle with valve on bottom and hose fitting on top. What i did was ran overflow line from under rad cap to bottom of bottle instead of top, then i leave valve open then ran line from top of bottle down to bottom of fender works great!!!. Even tho they sell it as a non recirculating bottle it easily converts to one. What i dont understand is why you want a non rec. bottle? before i switched the lines on mine around it sucked my rad would get low and then i would have to empty bottle when it filled better to let it recirculate.

I have one with a hose on top and bottom. I have the bottom hose attached to the radiator, then the top hose hangs down and would allow anything over what the bottle would hold to run out.

Joe

I have one with a hose on top and bottom. I have the bottom hose attached to the radiator, then the top hose hangs down and would allow anything over what the bottle would hold to run out.

Joe

same as mine and with the right amount of coolant in system it will never overflows out the top hose. Anyone who has the Summit non-recirculating bottle like me, it can recirculate by putting overflow line from rad to bottom of bottle

Great, that's what I need to do then, just wanted to make sure I would be successful.

If you guys remember, the guy before me capped off the spot for that lower hose to connect to, causing the pressure to not release and the upper and lower hoses to pancake, this is my fix, added an overflow back in. :D