Dumb question, How does the kick panel fuse box door open?

ausmad

Jun 24, 2008
Little Elm, TX
Dumb question, How does the kick panel fuse box door open?

I am installing a new interior mirror with homelink, and I was going to make the electrical connections to the passenger side fuse box in my 08 coupe.

What I have found was that when I open the access panel in the kick panel that the Lo-jak installer installed my Lo-jak system half way over the fuse box.

Because of this I can not see if there is a latch, or clips to open the fuse box door.

Any help will be great, I think pictures may also help if you have any

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to dig up this old thread (I am a regular forum-goer elsewhere on the internet, and I know how the regulars hate it when some noob necros a thread, so please know that I do so with good reason). A google search brought me here, and I would like to add some more information to this thread for people who would search for the same thing in the future.

I ran into the same problem: needing to remove the kick panel's fuse box cover on my 2006 Mustang GT. I did finally get it off. I came here to post a picture that I wished would have been available when I was trying to do it. The descriptions I found here were somewhat useful, but a picture would have been best.

Here is what the kick panel fuse box cover looks like once it's been removed:

fuseboxcover.jpg

The far side also has the same clips you see here. As you can see, there are two slots, one on the top and one on the bottom that the cover clips onto, with a rounded tab in the middle. I found this rounded tab to be fairly weak and useless, as it broke right off when I tried to pull on it. These two clips have to be pulled outward from the cover to get them off.

Further to... That kick panel which is covering everything up behind it has got to come off to get at the (bleep bleep) fuse box. The panel is held by two 'wedge' clips. To remove it for access to the fuse panel, from the foot well, pull the bottom of the kick panel outward (to the left) Now, before pulling that entire panel back towards you for releasing the second retainer clip, you'll now have seen that you have to remove the plastic sill plate as well. The sill plate has four wedge clips running longitudinally along the high/inner edge of the rocker panel so, just pull upward to have this (inner rail) release. If the rest of the sill seems difficult, keep lifting it from either end.. gently, because you're working against a few inches of (very narrow) double-sided tape holding the main part of the sill plate down... Once the sill plate is off, the the kick panel can be pulled straight back towards you. Voila! Now you can see and it's really quite evident how easy the fusebox cover will come off. BTW, I find that ALL the fuses for the car are of the 'mini' type (and all I was carrying were the larger type that work in the '03 Ford Focus). So, I'm off to the store to get a selection of these 'mini' fuses for the 'Stang.