Dumped exhaust in Maryland

Shibbydude529

Nov 29, 2003
Hey guys i live in maryland and i just got a pair of dynomax race bullet mufflers and i was wondering if i dumped those would they pass emmission because someone told me you had to have tips or they wouldnt even test the car thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

If it's a tight ass place, they wont test it. But most places dont care, it doesn't change the emissions, it's just illegal because they make the exhaust a bit louder. Was getting my emissions done the other day and an emission inspector pulled up for a suprise inspection so they got my car out of the garage real quick and told me to come back in an hour... So technically it's illegal.... but oh well heh

a_turbo_stang said:
Yea your supposed to have pipes in Ohio. But not all Counties in Ohio has emmission testing. You can put a flexpipe on it and run it out the back for your e-check. I see alot of guys doing it around here.
**LOL,,I understand why they do it,,,But its gotta sound like sh@t!!!

just get yourself some clamp on turn downs and some clamp on tail pipes. It takes about 10 minutes to bolt tailpipes on, just swap'em out when you go to get checked. It might take longer to jack the car up than it does to swap'em out.