Build Thread Dusty's 81 wing...and other swap stuff

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Welp...I did something. Kinda wasn't budgeted yet but couldn't resist the temptation. I ordered the cup holder center console, interior mirror covers, and a BOV adapter for my ecoboost.

Hopefully, I'll be able to order the MAF, adjustable tie rod ends for my IRS and jacking rails and wheels and tires for the s550 by the end of next month.

Been looking at some billet fuel rails. I'd like to upgrade my fuel system lines...want to use hard tube from the filter to the frame rail below booster. Guess ive got to price some things up. Also, been looking at 57lb fuel injectors. The fuel system is definitely on the list.

There's a small oil leak at the back of my lower intake. I might have to remove it and reseal the valley. Was back there looking at my knock sensor location. While I'm at it I might as well install the sensor and run the wires for it.

Beautiful day today.....and I've ( obviously ) got spring fever.

• Sponsors (?)

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
So...ya know how you have a bad couple days at work...and just want to release some steam putting some new parts in your cars ? Well, that's me. The only thing that calms my brain down is tinkering and piddlin'. A little alcohol usually makes me think even more.

Nothing is working. I've been emailing lmr and Steeda about the bov adapter. The 2019 recirculation valve is bigger than previous years so it won't fit. The cup holder center console piece doesn't fit my mustang either.

The issue with the center console isn't LMRs fault. I use a 98 e brake because of the IRS rear. The cable cam on the 98 is larger in diameter than the original e brake handle. That big square pocket is just low enough to not allow the console to fit. On the original it was under the pen pocket which is not as deep as the old change pocket.

20190319_183852.jpg

20190319_183928.jpg

I can modify the e brake handle cable cam by shaving 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch off of it. That means I'll have to remove it to do that or risk throwing hot sparks all over the interior. The thing will also need to be painted.

20190319_183955.jpg

I'm not doing that anytime soon.

I've got to head out at 5am for a 2hr ride to the hospital that's operating on my wife.... The same hospital that just told me today that they want a $3000.00 payment before said surgery tomorrow morning. We have health insurance...thought it was pretty good. It's the best insurance plan she could get at her job ( blue cross blue shield ). Now I guess because of all the worthless pieces of $h/t that don't pay their insurance or medical bill's we get penalized. We expected to pay something upfront ...but 3k. 3=> Obama and anyone that thinks this crap is better than the healthcare we had. If we weren't able to pay they would not be operating on my wife and that's complete bull$h/t.

Glad we have the money...but some of ya'll really need to wake the heck up. We're heading down a boiling hot road. My wife's life would be on the line with any further delay.

This stuff makes me sick. Ya'll want free healthcare and all this crap. The real fight is the cost of services and prescriptions. The real fight is to get the cost of medical treatment down to a level that people can afford. Theres no roof on this stuff....none. I pray for us all. The days are coming. Soon hell will break loose....its inevitable.

See what happens when I drink....

Reactions: KZGUNS

CarMichael Angelo

I don't like your attitude, let me fix that.
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Meh,...you voted for it...he was gonna fix it...you had something before, now you got jack.

My brother was self employed, my sister in law was as well. Up until the ACA, neither of them could get an insurer to cover them because they had "pre-existing conditions". It was only after the ACA, that they could get the surgeries that they both so desperately needed.

Don't drink and post,..I've tried it, it don't float well here. Spouting off political bias only gets you somebody like me that thinks you should count yourself lucky that it only cost 3 grand to get the surgery your wife needs...After all....there was a time that insurers could deny coverage altogether. Dont blame the previous president,...remember,..that prick that started his tenure by trying to repeal what he did, and hasn't been able to replace it with JACK,...despite two years of a republican majority... It was evidently better than what the entire GOP can come up with, as they haven't come up with anything yet. Who knew?

Reactions: 90sickfox

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
@ CarMicheal Angelo

The problem is the money. There's too much medical money flowing through our government. The reason healthcare is so high is ( supposedly ) because of people's unpaid medical bills and the insurance doctors and hospitals have to carry because of malpractice cases. There's still no reason why prescriptions cost what they do. It's all a racket and Obama was part of it too. Trump has been battling the pharmaceutical companies over pricing and transparency. ( I don't agree with a bunch of what he does but some things are facts )

We are being juiced of everything we have. Before the ACA you could walk in a hospital with no ID or insurance...and be treated. They legally could not turn you away. After the ACA they could turn you away or refuse treatment. The premiums skyrocketed and the monthly payments jumped through the roof. They also can deny insurance because a partner has the ability to carry a spouse.

We set our finances up to already have our full deductibles in an account for everything. I still can remember when we weren't so fortunate. Most people don't run around with thousands of dollars sitting in the bank. For someone that is working and struggling it would mean that they weren't treated. My wife might have cancer according to the last doctor she went to. This is the exploratory surgery for biopsies. A month set back could very well be life or death. If we didn't have it she wouldn't be treated. We also pay over 800 a month for health insurance. ( not bad actually ). If you factor the years that we haven't been to the doctors that's a bunch of money. Last year when I had the stroke it was all covered. ( thank God ) Things changed this year and it's not good.

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
poohffff geezus..... thank god im Union and i dont have to worry about all this insurance payment stuff..... I just worry about whats on my check and let the contractor pickup all my fringe benefits like insurance and the 10% that gets paid into my pension..... I dont know how people manage to afford the crazy cost of insurance these days, I was considering for a time moving into a private [management] position in a company but after shopping around for insurance and retirement ect ect... I figured out i was better off where i am now.

Scott I do hope all goes well for your wife and family through this.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
poohffff geezus..... thank god im Union and i dont have to worry about all this insurance payment stuff..... I just worry about whats on my check and let the contractor pickup all my fringe benefits like insurance and the 10% that gets paid into my pension..... I dont know how people manage to afford the crazy cost of insurance these days, I was considering for a time moving into a private [management] position in a company but after shopping around for insurance and retirement ect ect... I figured out i was better off where i am now.

Scott I do hope all goes well for your wife and family through this.
All is well Steve. Just got back and time to break out the dremel on the e brake. My mother in law is here....she's cooking up a storm. Gotta love Italians. Good food and nice wine in my near future.

See....I always think a lot when I'm a lil tipsy. You are lucky my friend. Guess it isn't too bad. We've hit our deductable limit so 100% from here on out...other than co pay.

KZGUNS

Jul 23, 2018
chardon, Ohio
We have an HSA which at first i was nevous about. We pay some or none into it and my wifes company pays about 3000k a year into it. After $5k we're covered 100% for that year so out of pocket is $2k for us. we've never met that thankfully. It is interesting when you have to pay your own medical bills out of the HSA account, you really get to see what this all really costs. we've actually changed doctors since we knew the costs and litterally shopped around for a good cost/care practice.
Hope your wife has a speedy recovery

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Found some time to get the e brake cut down.

20190320_191907.jpg

Now I'm part of the cup holder crew. This is all just a test fit. It'll get painted but with rain the next three days and temps around 50 degrees it just ain't happenin' right now.

20190320_200829.jpg

I want to add a USB for megasquirt and a charging usb along with a 12v port. Been playing around with the factory cigarette lighter and it may go in there.

Wifes OK...in a lot of pain but she made it through great.

Last edited:

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Glad to hear she’s ok buddy

Cup holder looks sweet :nice:

You may need to get a New Ase cert card though,that ones expired :D
They stopped giving cert cards. That pic was a mistake. I sent it with pics of the non- fitting part for my ecoboost. Did it to show them I wasn't a complete idiot.

Reactions: RaggedGT

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Things will be on hold a couple weeks. Aside from the medical builds I bought my lady a custom wrap around sectional. The guy at the furniture store even let me bring the fabric samples home so she could see them without leaving the house. That thing weighed like 50lbs.

She was upstairs in bed and her family was here. When I went up to check on her she said shed be downstairs if we had a big enough comfortable sofa. ( we have a nice one but it's an Italian leather, cream, sleeper sofa ). She hates leather and it's not the most comfortable bed in the house either....so I had her pick the color and fabric and it's getting made as we speak.

I've been working on the MSDroid Pro app for my phone. Getting ready for easier data logs and not having to plug the laptop in to tune.

Screenshot_20190323-104238_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-104259_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-104413_MSDroid.jpg

I don't have the correct adapter for my usb charger cord. Gonna try to find one today at some point. This will be fun....finally...( I've had this app on my phone for a year...but just got the pro version that will allow me to actually use it )

droopie85gt

Hookers and Beer for life!
Dec 26, 2016
Cordova, TN
How big is your phone that you can actually see those gauges!?? :rlaugh:

Health insurance is a scam. Both parties are in on it. Why? Because members of Congress have their own coverage...FOR LIFE. They could just as easily passed a law saying insurers can't deny preexisting conditions. They could have easily passed a law saying, if you have GOOD insurance, great, we are not messing with it, we are going to expand Medicare to cover those who can't get coverage.

But, like MOST things the government does, they don't bring the bottom up. They bring the top down. It's the low hanging fruit theory. And the stupid ass Republicans. From the day ACA passed, they should have met in private for 2 weeks, 2 months, 1 year, whatever it took and draft a plan. Knowing that in 2016 there was a good chance they would have the House, Senate, and by miracle the Pres, they could take their oaths in 2017 and roll that :poo: out immediately.

I'm an independent contractor at my new job. Which is good because my wife can add me and my son on her policy. If not, thru work, my policy would be $1400 per month for me and my son with a $5000 deductible. My wife WORKS for UNITED HEALTH CARE and her coverage SUCKS! Where I used to work, we had UHC and it was better than her coverage as an EMPLOYEE of [email protected]!

stanglx2002

Mod Dude
Jul 7, 2005
Things will be on hold a couple weeks. Aside from the medical builds I bought my lady a custom wrap around sectional. The guy at the furniture store even let me bring the fabric samples home so she could see them without leaving the house. That thing weighed like 50lbs.

She was upstairs in bed and her family was here. When I went up to check on her she said shed be downstairs if we had a big enough comfortable sofa. ( we have a nice one but it's an Italian leather, cream, sleeper sofa ). She hates leather and it's not the most comfortable bed in the house either....so I had her pick the color and fabric and it's getting made as we speak.

I've been working on the MSDroid Pro app for my phone. Getting ready for easier data logs and not having to plug the laptop in to tune.

Screenshot_20190323-104238_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-104259_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-104413_MSDroid.jpg

I don't have the correct adapter for my usb charger cord. Gonna try to find one today at some point. This will be fun....finally...( I've had this app on my phone for a year...but just got the pro version that will allow me to actually use it )
I may have something for this

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
The plot thickens as me and the ole lady go to test drive some vehicles. She ends up coming home with a 2019 Hyundai Sante Fe...

20190324_221152.jpg

I guess its true....she can get anything out of me....especially when she's in pain. That's a total of 6 cars in our driveway and 2 payments. We have a problem...only 2 are mustangs.

She wants some black and silver machined wheels for her new truck. Some way I'll have to find a way to get them for her, too.

My stuff will have to wait just a little longer.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
If anyone wants to purchase this car or any of the stuff on it inbox me.