Build Thread Dusty's 81 wing...and other swap stuff

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I really like Pro Stars-but concave wheels are dead sexy imo lol
This car is sexy as hell. I like the black top on the dark gray. Its a nice car. The prostars will allow e/t streets to ride on the rear with enough sidewall to actually get a little traction.

This car is about to be upgraded...

• Sponsors (?)

CarMichael Angelo

I don't like your attitude, let me fix that.
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
No...that's a 5yr old dog by the name of Gypsie...my wife's dog. Here's my 5yr old dog Roxy. They're sisters from the same litter.

View attachment 598124

This is how my life goes....wife talks me into a new phone....because mine is 5yrs old ( like the dogs ) and works perfectly. I go to Verizon and look at a S8 plus because it's the same one my wife bought two days ago.

Now, she told me her FB pictures were posting sideways....I hardly ever post pics on FB so I could care less. I stand there in front of the sales lady and proceed to upload a picture here from my wife's phone. At that time I stated, " if it posts sideways I don't want a stinkin' new phone ". Hit the upload button and the picture shows up straight. Just now I posted a pic from my brand new phone and the dang piece of ish is sideways.

They can take this new phone and shove it up they're @ectums. ....wait there's a 35 buck restocking fee. Dang it !!!!!!!!:fuss::fuss::fuss::uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::mad::mad::mad:

Edit; fixed
For a minute I thought they were Pygmy pigs...Then I realized they were Chihuahuas.:hide:

Sorry.:oops:

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
Edit; and I have a work around for pics. I've got to take them sideways and then they show up rig by side up....but they always show right side up in the gallery. BS....

That's not a work-around, that's how you're supposed to take pictures. lol It is that way by design. The images are encoded by the phone that way.

I have a thread about this in the feedback section.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
That's not a work-around, that's how you're supposed to take pictures. lol It is that way by design. The images are encoded by the phone that way.

I have a thread about this in the feedback section.
My 5yr old phone ( Driod mini ) never did that. No matter how i took the pic it posted right side up. Gues theres an issue with the EXIF file. The way sites interpret it. If its right side up in my gallery it should post the same way on a site.

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
My 5yr old phone ( Driod mini ) never did that. No matter how i took the pic it posted right side up. Gues theres an issue with the EXIF file. The way sites interpret it. If its right side up in my gallery it should post the same way on a site.
Scott, please post a link when you start your new build thread in the SN section. Looks like a nice car, should be real sweet when your done with the upgrades :nice:

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Ok...so update time....

The beautiful 98 was supposed to be purchased by my boss to be given to me for the work on her car....the price for her would've been 1200 bucks. The car wasnt purchased by her...and instead went to the auction....and now this...

Screenshot_20180203-190140.png

Yes, thats it for sale for 5k...:mad::mad::mad:

The plan was to install PI heads on a low mileage 4.6 NPI ( netting 10.5 CR ), mate engine to t56, install Procharger w/ intercooler, install water/ meth....

The heads she provided are no good. The cam journals are wiped....and there are no cams in them. They were supposed to have been machined and they, obviously, have not been. The first block she brought me had so much metal in it you couldn't even see the screen in the pickup tube. She sold her Rovos and now her car sits with the front on jack stands... The rest is on two of my old rims and tires. She has new Pro Stars.... but... The skinny tires that someone gave her are no good. ( didn't find out until i went to balance them ) one of them has a huge flat spot and slightly twisted belt.

So... plan 2 is to install Continental " C " PI heads onto another low mileage block. This is also the perfect time to add cams. ... but... She needs to buy 4 tires, cams, gasket set, and all the other parts and pieces to make this work. The T56 isn't in the picture anymore because the guy she was supposed to get it from sold it.

Basically, she wants me to build her a 8.5 CR Pro Charged 4.6L that'll be pushing through a 3650 trans that isn't rated higher than 330ft lbs. and has a twin disc McLeod clutch.

She told me that she expects this all to be done for around 1500.... what in the neck do I look like ?

Theres no way.... for a clean car that I'd pay 4 - 5K for is one thing. 1500 wouldn't get the heads installed and the engine put in. :nonono:

I tried to work out a sweat deal... but it looks like me and her need to have a conversation...

CarMichael Angelo

I don't like your attitude, let me fix that.
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Ok...so update time....

The beautiful 98 was supposed to be purchased by my boss to be given to me for the work on her car....the price for her would've been 1200 bucks. The car wasnt purchased by her...and instead went to the auction....and now this...

View attachment 598942

Yes, thats it for sale for 5k...:mad::mad::mad:

The plan was to install PI heads on a low mileage 4.6 NPI ( netting 10.5 CR ), mate engine to t56, install Procharger w/ intercooler, install water/ meth....

The heads she provided are no good. The cam journals are wiped....and there are no cams in them. They were supposed to have been machined and they, obviously, have not been. The first block she brought me had so much metal in it you couldn't even see the screen in the pickup tube. She sold her Rovos and now her car sits with the front on jack stands... The rest is on two of my old rims and tires. She has new Pro Stars.... but... The skinny tires that someone gave her are no good. ( didn't find out until i went to balance them ) one of them has a huge flat spot and slightly twisted belt.

So... plan 2 is to install Continental " C " PI heads onto another low mileage block. This is also the perfect time to add cams. ... but... She needs to buy 4 tires, cams, gasket set, and all the other parts and pieces to make this work. The T56 isn't in the picture anymore because the guy she was supposed to get it from sold it.

Basically, she wants me to build her a 8.5 CR Pro Charged 4.6L that'll be pushing through a 3650 trans that isn't rated higher than 330ft lbs. and has a twin disc McLeod clutch.

She told me that she expects this all to be done for around 1500.... what in the neck do I look like ?

Theres no way.... for a clean car that I'd pay 4 - 5K for is one thing. 1500 wouldn't get the heads installed and the engine put in. :nonono:

I tried to work out a sweat deal... but it looks like me and her need to have a conversation...
Just wondering......Is your boss, your wife?

Why is it YOUR problem to put together a bunch of junk for an employer? Do you owe her something?

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Just wondering......Is your boss, your wife?

Why is it YOUR problem to put together a bunch of junk for an employer? Do you owe her something?
No she is not the wife....the wife is " The Dictator ". Theres no reasoning with her....she speaks....i do what she says or else...

I don't owe her " the boss ". The deal was screwed up when she didn't buy the car. I could've bought it myself if i would've known she wasnt buying it.

This is one of those situations where i should've known better. Now, I need to tell her to come get her wheeless car away from my house....and out of Dusty's parking spot.

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
No she is not the wife....the wife is " The Dictator ". Theres no reasoning with her....she speaks....i do what she says or else...

I don't owe her " the boss ". The deal was screwed up when she didn't buy the car. I could've bought it myself if i would've known she wasnt buying it.

This is one of those situations where i should've known better. Now, I need to tell her to come get her wheeless car away from my house....and out of Dusty's parking spot.
Rock+Hard+Place1305039584.jpg

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
The BOSS didn't want info on ther interwebs ....because Mexico....

So all i have are these pics.....
20180224_131433.jpg
20180224_131519.jpg

Everything turned out OK. A bunch of chaos. But.... all in all... I'm glad to have Dusty's parking spot back.

Pro Stars look good on this new edge.

Back to our normal scheduled programming...

Last edited:

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Finally got off my butt and did something I've been putting off for 5 years...

Had a kinda rough day at work.... so i came home and did this....

20180313_190433.jpg

20180313_190422.jpg

These are water pump studs that broke off 5 dang years ago. I really procrastinate sometimes. I also hate water pump studs on our engine's.

Somet vice grips....MAP gas....

20180313_191211.jpg

20180313_191746.jpg

Haha...I won !!!!

20180313_192147.jpg

This engine has been installed in two different cars of mine. It never skipped a beat... so I figure its time to get gone through and freshened up.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
That the one with the turbo?
:think::think:
No... the turbo one is a 331... with TFS heads... painted black. This is my old faithful spare engine. When i wiped the cam in my 347, in my convertible, this engine saved the day. When i fried the rings in my nitrous 306..... this engine saved the day. This engine has been in a and out of my project cars over the last 15 years.

This engine is a bone stock 1991 5.0 mustang engine. Well, was until i threw on an edelbrock intake for my last car.

The plan is to check the bearings, replace the head gaskets, new seals, reinstall my dual throttle body nitrous EFI intake, and put long tubes on it....just in case i need it.

Nothing liked something happening and ya cant drive cause the engine's hurt. I can change out an engine in a couple hours... as long as it's ready to run.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
These days seem to go on forever now that time changed.... not really but it sounds good.

Came home and started cleaning out the shed. Got home too late to watch my son win his play off game. I haven't missed a game or practice all season. Kinda sucks. He's got another one Friday so i hope the job will understand. His team won !!!!!

I did something a little illegal....i think... maybe not

Since i put this car together I've wanted a way to track the mileage. Pulling stuff off my parts shelf revealed an old cluster. This was the old cluster from the 4 cylinder set up so i commenced to stripping it down.

All the bulbs out..... slosh module.... gauge needles... stepper motors..... speedometer....hhhmmmmmm.

I pulled that thing apart and the gears of the odometer intrigued me.... so i did what any curious mechanic dude would do....

20180314_203310.jpg

Now, as soon as the tags get put on Dusty, the clock starts at 0....

I did learn how to set the mileage to any amount.

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
These days seem to go on forever now that time changed.... not really but it sounds good.

Came home and started cleaning out the shed. Got home too late to watch my son win his play off game. I haven't missed a game or practice all season. Kinda sucks. He's got another one Friday so i hope the job will understand. His team won !!!!!

I did something a little illegal....i think... maybe not

Since i put this car together I've wanted a way to track the mileage. Pulling stuff off my parts shelf revealed an old cluster. This was the old cluster from the 4 cylinder set up so i commenced to stripping it down.

All the bulbs out..... slosh module.... gauge needles... stepper motors..... speedometer....hhhmmmmmm.

I pulled that thing apart and the gears of the odometer intrigued me.... so i did what any curious mechanic dude would do....

View attachment 601456

Now, as soon as the tags get put on Dusty, the clock starts at 0....

I did learn how to set the mileage to any amount.
F3F780A0-4126-4CCE-A851-83E131F68BBC.png