Smh. I saw a set of ttop doors for 250 with the glass a couple months ago. Now it's almost unabtanium. A guy has a whole ttop and door set on flea bay. I sent message to make sure door glass is included. Also, I checked all the local Mustang parts yards within a couple hundred miles of me. No dice yet. :doh:

• Sponsors (?)

This is a member here's engine that I'm installing. It's been taking most of my time the last weeks. Dusty and Scarlet are sitting patiently waiting for us to get back to them.

20211010_165849.jpg

Almost fire up time. He went with AFR heads. Greg will be happy.

Also met a new local foxbody guy. It's interesting watching what young guys go through with these things. He's a really smart 18 year old though. He's been a regular visitor to the house the last few weeks as well.

20210925_133202.jpg

We'll be back to our normal programming soon. Lol

• Love
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 7 users
This is a member here's engine that I'm installing. It's been taking most of my time the last weeks. Dusty and Scarlet are sitting patiently waiting for us to get back to them.

20211010_165849.jpg

Almost fire up time. He went with AFR heads. Greg will be happy.

Also met a new local foxbody guy. It's interesting watching what young guys go through with these things. He's a really smart 18 year old though. He's been a regular visitor to the house the last few weeks as well.

20210925_133202.jpg

We'll be back to our normal programming soon. Lol
I'm assuming his car is the orange four-eye? If so, I'm a bit jealous of that 18-year-old.

I'm assuming his car is the orange four-eye? If so, I'm a bit jealous of that 18-year-old.
It is the orange 4 eye. It's a decent car. Some normal issues but the strut towers are solid. They swapped it well with the factory 89 harness and left the 4 eye dash. It runs and sounds good.

Reactions: 1 user
Man oh man !!!

I found one of the deals of a lifetime. There's mention of this car being a ttop, halo headrests, or the 8.8 rear. I went out and looked it over. All the ttop stuff is there. Everything. The 8.8 is still in it and the seats and halo headrests look good. It's got the 86 gt fogs and brackets with a decent nose. There is one small hole in the front bumper. Even has a good bumper emblem. Lol

I couldn't pass it up....

Screenshot_20211016-085246_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-085254_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20211016-085440_Facebook.jpg

This ended up being about 25 minutes from the house and the guy was awesome. There is a bunch of rust in the floors, quarters, rockers, and passenger strut tower. They are the power doors though so easy swap to newer convertible doors...or I can add the rivets for the door trim. Not sure if I want to gut them and swap into my doors or not. Might just sell all the ttop stuff for a profit. Don't know yet.

Scarlet gets her passenger tail light and a few extra dash parts.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Happy
Reactions: 5 users
iu-9.jpeg
"why would you do that?"

iu-11.jpeg
"I'm happy because i don't have to get a rona jab"
iu-10.jpeg

I think I partied with that dude um car um can i have that steering wheel installed please

• Happy
Reactions: 1 user
Was a good weekend.

We have one more happy Stangnet member.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/QcnB9EZRWyA?feature=share

The car sounds and drives good. Took longer than normal because my weekends were kinda busy doing family stuff the last couple Saturdays. Found a bunch of screwed up and dangerous wiring in the interior. Had to straighten out as much as I could.

Got the ttop cat stripped down. Got the doors, fenders, 86 gt nose, good hood, rust free hatch, and a few other goodies. This weekend I'm cutting the roof off, pulling the 8.8 rear, cutting out the cowl, and cutting up the rest of the car into iddy bitty little pieces.

Just need to figure out the differences between these 89 ttop doors and my 88 coupe doors. These have some concerning rust at the bottom. I can fix them but would like to keep my original doors ( maybe ). I really need to take a wire wheel and a grinder to them and figure out exactly how bad they are.

The Lady might want the front bumper so she can have fog lights on her car. If she wants she gets. 600 bucks and I ain't complainin'.

20211024_200131.jpg

20211024_200140.jpg

I can already tell they are way different in the speaker area. My 88s were already pre cut for them but there's a brace for the regulator right where my speakers are. My convertible was an 89 and that area was kind of rough cut out. Not sure if it was the dealer or a previous owner.

Scarlet will be back in the garage soon for the sunroof seals and hatch hinges if the Lady is up to the task.

Reactions: 4 users