Ok.... so I'm giving up on this method. For some reason the drivers side keeps swelling up on the back side. The passenger side gave me very nice consistancy that allowed me to sand the foam down to 1/4 inch. The drivers side swelled about an inch away from the car. I pulled the foil off and found gaping pockets behind it. Everytime this happens it sets me back a full day. Gotta move on to something else. I'll come back to these corners eventually over the next few years. Lol

I'd rather not put a bullet in my head...

20181108_185904.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I'm alive. Jeeesh, what was I going through last night ?

Dustys being ready for a little cleaning. There's dust everywhere.

20181110_104300.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I pulled the car off the ramps and went for a joy ride. This car is wonderful. I made one mistake....

The hood pins weren't in. When I started driving I was clueless... even after I saw the hood rise a little. Had my son in the passenger seat and did a pull.... thank god the hood didn't fly up. The safety latch caught it. The pin clips are lost... could only find one. Apparently they slid off the car. We managed to find one in the road.

A quick trip to tractor supply rectified that situation.

Before the ride I came across a guy named Rudy on CL. He's got a bunch of mustang stuff for sale... brand new in the box. The set of tails and headlights peaked my interest. After a quick chat we settled on a 100 bucks and my older msd 7al2 ( that was also new in the box ). I ended up giving him my old msd 6al that was in my convertible. There's no need for that stuff.

20181110_152036.jpg

Finally got rid of that cracked driver's side taillight.... and it only cost me 50 bucks per side. " Today was a good day ", in my Ice Cube voice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Nice find. I routinely browse the ads on the Corral and Craigslist. That's how I end up with so much crap in the garage. Hopefully most of this junk WILL get used. I put the Aerolatches on my car. Can't lose them and you can tell immediately if they are not latched. I think @CarMichael Angelo just bought some too. Well worth the money imho.

Last edited:
Nice find. I routinely browse the ads on the Corral and Craigslist. That's how I end up with some much crap in the garage. Hopefully most of this junk WILL get used. I put the Aerolatches on my car. Can't lose them and you can tell immediately if they are not latched. I think @CarMichael Angelo just bought some too. Well worth the money imho.

I want a set of those. It's in the plans.

Yesterday I took Dusty out for a ride.....I hit the limiter and..... think something is jacked up. Pulled in the garage and cut it off. Oil pressure looked good at 60psi. idling. Wasn't data logging. Didn't want to check fluids.

....I glanced at my boost gauge and think I saw 13psi....

I couldn't help it....just felt so good.

Guess we'll find out.

Side note ; I definitely have wheel hop from the IRS now. It's weird because I never had it before in the other car. That car had a 347 that made awesome power. I'd smoke the tires with ease. Ive been running this same IRS for over 10 years. It's also had a thorough go over before going in this car.

The only difference is the weight. The previous car had a custom sound system ( residing in the rear seat area ), convertible top, and 10 point cage.

Dusty is OK. Spark plug wire arching.

Bad news....ole ranger broke down...won't have a bunch of money for Dusty....because....this....

20181128_104030.jpg

• Surprised
Reactions: 2 users
Well... is official. I didn't purchase the convertible.

20181205_183711.jpg

20181205_183724.jpg

It's not a 5.0.... but it's a brand new 2019 ecoboost.

It's my birthday today and decided to treat myself to a new car payment. Lol

Dusty is still hanging out in the garage. It'll be a while before I can spend more on him though. Gotta let this all settle in.

Thats cool, i have not driven the new ecoboost [i did drive a 2017] has the power come up in them yet? i was hoping for a more in your face feeling from the boost but thats just the nature of the newer cars these days.

Oh and happy birthday! :rabble:

Reactions: 1 user
Thats cool, i have not driven the new ecoboost [i did drive a 2017] has the power come up in them yet? i was hoping for a more in your face feeling from the boost but thats just the nature of the newer cars these days.

Oh and happy birthday! :rabble:

Thanks Steve. The power is decent...I don't know if it increased at all over last year. I needed a commuter car and couldn't justify buying something else that's about the same price as this. Really went for an 18 but they sold it before I got there. :mad:

It's ok...I got them to sell me the 19 for the same price as the negotiated 18. They sweetened the deal for me. That black one had about 30k on it and my job ( I work at a dealer ) wanted 19.5k for it...with my 70.00 employee discount. It was also a 16. This car is brand new and cost me about the same. About 2k more.

My commute home is 2hrs on i95 and with the ranger breaking ( 240k ) and driving the 30 year old van I had to do something. I was a danger to myself and everyone else. Lol Perfect excuse for a brand new mustang.

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing much goin' on.... other than....sport mode is fun as hell in my ecoboost s550. :burnout:

Still figuring out this paddle shifter stuff....but this car is fun....and 33mpg highway. No complaints.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Today had been a long one... but I did spend some time with Dusty.

A little paint correction. The drivers side door and fender have a dull single stage paint on them. Who ever painted it must've painted the nose, cowl, and top of the passenger fender to " blend " it. The paint is in very bad shape with cracks everywhere.

20181222_202033.jpg

Here's the after...

20181222_204335.jpg

The cowl before...

20181222_204759.jpg

20181222_205955.jpg

I actually hand rubbed it with White Diamond metal polish. This stuff worked great for this. Very similar to Simoniz compound....even smells the same. Tomorrow I'll pick up some wax and a variable speed buffer from HF. We's gonna polish dis ole Dusty turd.