Well folks, the RTR grille, SOLO Performance exhaust, and Turbo Smart BOV are sold from my other mustang and she's back to stock.

20200829_112913.jpg

Had a guy tow his T Top fox over for a clutch and T5 rework ( gotta separate the case and fix some leaks ). You can see it peeking out of my garage.

20200829_113257.jpg

20200829_113537.jpg

20200829_113654.jpg

I need these hood struts for Dusty. I'm tired of the hood prop rod. When I order the stuff from Hanlon thats one of the first next things I'm gonna do.

Its good to have a skill that will help supply my car parts. With this stuff done ordering the trans will be no issue. I just couldn't bring myself to pull that many grands out of my bank account. I'll miss the ecoboost making noise....but it is an ecoboost. Carvana gave me a purchase quote just about 1k under what I originally paid for the car. Something else may end up in the driveway...or...maybe not.

I think I'm making the ole'lady drink...these wine bottles just keep popping up. Good ole EV and CB are mine... I'm a cheap date.

20200829_114300.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

HEI on a Ford. :bs: :notnice: HEI's are decent, but nono.

Where did your wife get the caps on her wine? I need some for my wife, so she will drink more wine and not realize I swapped the 85 Mustang for a 63 Falcon and she still can't park in the garage. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
HEI on a Ford. :bs: :notnice: HEI's are decent, but nono.

Where did your wife get the caps on her wine? I need some for my wife, so she will drink more wine and not realize I swapped the 85 Mustang for a 63 Falcon and she still can't park in the garage. LOL

Amazon to the rescue
Amazon product ASIN B019BK4H8AView: https://www.amazon.com/Wine-Stoppers-Gift-Box-Accessory/dp/B019BK4H8A/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1R0ZQFX6IAISN&dchild=1&keywords=wine+toppers+decorative&qid=1598835196&sprefix=wine+topper%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-7

I've had a busy weekend. The customers fix is back together...almost. Gotta put his new h pipe on.

20200829_163906.jpg

His zspec transmission was almost toast.

20200830_142716.jpg

Transmission is gone through and back in. Not much I can do until until he gets some hard parts...but it'll work for now...it was working when he brought it in. Clutch is done... transmission inspected. He needs hard parts and rebuild.

20200829_203840.jpg

Its such a beautiful car though...

20200830_161912.jpg

20200829_151950.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 3 users
This is the culprit of the blocker and dog teeth carnage...

20200829_155702.jpg

The bearing retainer has been replaced with a steel one. The new bearing is the Ford version. I was surprised at how well made the Autozone clutch fork was made. The King Cobra clutch went in like a charm with the new flywheel.

I've got the cash put up for the tko but just can't make myself pull the trigger yet. I'll be using my card but always have the cash for anything I purchase in a separate account. I'm just a cheap bastard. My ole lady even told me to order it. We got out of the 49 and I sold most of the stuff I put on the s550 for a nice lump...I even sold my 03 civic for 1500 bucks.

See...I'm crazy with money. I've got to have twice as much liquid cash to actually spend it. Meaning if I spend 2 bucks...I had 4 and put 2 bucks in the kitty. So...when the average person is hawking over 3500...I'm figuring 7k in my mind. This is just one crazy part of me I'd share. Hard to spend 3500 on a car that will still look exactly the same when its done.

This all circles to the fact that I'm not all exited about the turbo anymore...but lady says keep it...smh...that means I will need a Dart block, too.

I've been thinking about selling the IRS and going for a mini tub and MM set up in the rear.

The money tree keeps asking for more water. Its producing but its thirsty as hell...leaves are shriveling up.

Last edited:
I've got the cash put up for the tko but just can't make myself pull the trigger yet. I'll be using my card but always have the cash for anything I purchase in a separate account. I'm just a cheap bastard. My ole lady even told me to order it. We got out of the 49 and I sold most of the stuff I put on the s550 for a nice lump...I even sold my 03 civic for 1500 bucks.

See...I'm crazy with money. I've got to have twice as much liquid cash to actually spend it. Meaning if I spend 2 bucks...I had 4 and put 2 bucks in the kitty. So...when the average person is hawking over 3500...I'm figuring 7k in my mind. This is just one crazy part of me I'd share. Hard to spend 3500 on a car that will still look exactly the same when its done.

This all circles to the fact that I'm not all exited about the turbo anymore...but lady says keep it...smh...that means I will need a Dart block, too.

I've been thinking about selling the IRS and going for a mini tub and MM set up in the rear.

The money tree keeps asking for more water. Its producing but its thirsty as hell...leaves are shriveling up.
Was in the same position. Luckily,I had a T-5z with very low miles that I got pretty good money for,so that helped offset the cost of the TKO. The way I looked at it was,sell the good T-5 while it was still in one piece. I'm a tight-ass with $$ too,but I've been through the broken trans game too many times.

My dad died at 59. I’ve now outlived him by 4 years this November. He was the most penny-pinchin-est person i’ve ever known..Made tools instead of buying them, he even made fishing lures. Bought cheap everything, never had a nice thing in all of his life.
Because he just couldn’t justify spending any money on anything.

When he died, he owned everything he had, except all of the money that was in his bank and savings account. ( and there was a lot of that). His son-in-law made quick use of that however.

You are here for however long you are here. A problem today will more than likely be forgotten in a matter of a month. You can deny yourself the proper solution to the problem and try to find a workaround ( getting rid of the turbo) or you can step up, bite the bullet, make the purchase and be done with it.

You’ve been hemming and hawing over the transmission for months now..Just buy the damn thing and be done.

You’re starting to sound like me.

Kinda agree with that logic.

One life to live, if you can swing it without hardship or upsetting potential retirement goals, do it. I'm the same way with money, but as the big 4-0 approaches, I have a different mindset on life. Enjoy it. Buy the trans.

My dad died at 59. I’ve now outlived him by 4 years this November. He was the most penny-pinchin-est person i’ve ever known..Made tools instead of buying them, he even made fishing lures. Bought cheap everything, never had a nice thing in all of his life.
Because he just couldn’t justify spending any money on anything.

When he died, he owned everything he had, except all of the money that was in his bank and savings account. ( and there was a lot of that). His son-in-law made quick use of that however.

You are here for however long you are here. A problem today will more than likely be forgotten in a matter of a month. You can deny yourself the proper solution to the problem and try to find a workaround ( getting rid of the turbo) or you can step up, bite the bullet, make the purchase and be done with it.

You’ve been hemming and hawing over the transmission for months now..Just buy the damn thing and be done.

You’re starting to sound like me.
You are a money spending inspiration. After reading your recent posts I said what the hell ,its my hobby and spent a grand on good stuff for my car. Im a cheap ass, but when you say just do it you got me thinking. Its my money I will do what I want. Mustang 5L5 doesnt help much either

It’s a fine line. Having “ disposable” income versus using the money you need to live on are what you have to consider.
Having the car you want it to be requires money to get it there. Falling back to a lower power level for the sake of reliability/ survivability of the associated drive train is counterproductive. ( after all,...there was some initial reason for upping the power in the first place,...I.e. it was getting boring).
I’ll say this directly to Scott: If it was boring before, its REALLY going to be boring after you remove the power adder.

If I haven’t been the poster child for doing, then undoing, only to end up redoing something, I’m not sitting here writing this.

The math lesson here is: 6 N/A ITB s do not equate to 1 TB getting air forced through it. Especially when you consider that I had to make the intake and glass topped box to make those ITB’s work..only to throw it all away.

It’s a fine line. Having “ disposable” income versus using the money you need to live on are what you have to consider.
Having the car you want it to be requires money to get it there. Falling back to a lower power level for the sake of reliability/ survivability of the associated drive train is counterproductive. ( after all,...there was some initial reason for upping the power in the first place,...I.e. it was getting boring).
I’ll say this directly to Scott: If it was boring before, its REALLY going to be boring after you remove the power adder.

If I haven’t been the poster child for doing, then undoing, only to end up redoing something, I’m not sitting here writing this.

The math lesson here is: 6 N/A ITB s do not equate to 1 TB getting air forced through it. Especially when you consider that I had to make the intake and glass topped box to make those ITB’s work..only to throw it all away.

I see your point ( right along with all the other guys here that agree ). I must bite the bullet and stop B-S-ing. Right is right. That trans can survive behind this or anything I decide to do.

I'd purchase the transmission and chalk it up to one piece of the puzzle done.. even if you want to pull the turbo kit and go n/a the trans will still be there to allow you to enjoy that car to it's fullest extent. Without a sound trans you'll always be second guessing when you go to hit third with some throttle

Just turn the boost down... 6psi spring and let it eat if your worried about it.

I get worried about it anyway. I'll probably never drive the car to its max. Still haven't tried the auto tune feature...or toyed with the tune at all. Drives well though. Right now I can't even get into boost before the clutch starts slipping.