Build Thread Dusty's Slow Progress To Greatness...

• Sponsors(?)

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
....still no Dusty stuff going on. A customer brought over this 95 Honda Shadow for a tune up, oil change, and fork overhaul. For the first time in bike mechanic history it needs the clips replaced that hold the forks together ( they usually always are reusable ). Special order....won't come in till friday. I need a bigger garage....oh wait...i have one at the farm. Will be a few years before i can move.

20190511_154350.jpg

The 300z is coming along...no real surprises there.

The Veloster I work on got totalled....so I'll have a 16 ecoboost to modify in the very near future.

9132.jpeg

The intercooler and tubular crash bar got away unharmed. The engine just got built with studs, new injectors, better head gasket, and stuff. Should've been making close to 400bhp. Someone will be getting a steal at some auction or jy. His mustang is already paid for and on order through Carvana.

The money keeps coming....and the account keeps stacking up. Hope to get some spectacular stuff done to my cars soon.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I am actually kinda sad about this.. I was looking forward to a 363 powered poppa smurf with a blower and side pipes :(
Me too. I really wanted to keep it...but...had to make room for something else. ;)

Reactions: RaggedGT

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Thought I killed Dusty. Was out joy riding and went into boost....heard a pop...and he fell on his face. Vacuum to brakes completely left. Though maybe i popped the intake piping off but nope. Oil pressure, condition, and coolant look ok. Engine runs normal...no weird noises.

Don't know exactly what happened but I'll find out shortly.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
No damage. I must've hit the rev limiter and the air filter fell off on top of the right fender apron. The rev limit hits pretty hard in this car. Added safety for an unfinished tune car.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
Was at Dominion Raceway in VA. I don't know how ya'll do this 1/4 mile track stuff. Smh

20190621_225446.jpg

20190621_225451.jpg

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I was a little tipsy last night....I meant...how do you do the 1/8 mile stuff ?... The track seems so short compared to the 1/4 mile. Guess I'm just used to longer tracks. There's no room to reel someone back in the eighth. I wasn't as entertained as if I was at Maryland International Raceway.

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I think I'm about to start budgeting for one of these scissor lifts. I'm getting tired of the whole jacks or ramps thing.
Screenshot_20190629-215146_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Davedacarpainter

CarMichael Angelo

Nobody appreciates me..I'm gonna cut my ear off
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
I don't understand the logic for this lift.
You can't roll under it because there are struts tying the one side to the other, and travel ramps running the length of the rockers.

This is a tire change lift..the most expensive tire change lift...ever.

• Agree
Reactions: General karthief

RaggedGT

check back later..
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
Taylorsville ky
www.stangnet.com
This is the lift I’ve been squirreling money away for, my garage ceiling will not accommodate a regular two post-but this guy will work perfectly. :)

203FD24B-8307-42BE-A6EA-1E76FE2319A6.jpeg

stanglx2002

CT Material here
Mod Dude
Jul 7, 2005

90sickfox

SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
The lift I posted allows easy access under the engine, transmission, exhaust, and rear. I worked under a similar lift for years on a stool. The lift was recessed in the floor but the same could be accomplished with a plywood platform. I'd probably need a platform to get a lowered car over it anyway. Would easily roll out to the driveway for quick oil change, brake jobs, or suspension work.

That two post lift is more expensive and ( i believe ) it needs studs mounted in the concrete to lock it down once moved into position. The true portable two posts ( like the one for big trucks ) have long square legs that stretch out under the vehicle to carry the lift load.

I was going to get a Quick Lift but they don't seem all that sturdy...a couple hundred more bucks gets me a decent lift that does more than tire changes.

RaggedGT

check back later..
Mod Dude
Jul 20, 2014
Taylorsville ky
www.stangnet.com
The lift I posted allows easy access under the engine, transmission, exhaust, and rear. I worked under a similar lift for years on a stool. The lift was recessed in the floor but the same could be accomplished with a plywood platform. I'd probably need a platform to get a lowered car over it anyway. Would easily roll out to the driveway for quick oil change, brake jobs, or suspension work.

That two post lift is more expensive and ( i believe ) it needs studs mounted in the concrete to lock it down once moved into position. The true portable two posts ( like the one for big trucks ) have long square legs that stretch out under the vehicle to carry the lift load.

I was going to get a Quick Lift but they don't seem all that sturdy...a couple hundred more bucks gets me a decent lift that does more than tire changes.
fwiw the one I posted sells for around $1500. Not sure what they are called,but instead of a stud installed into the concrete ,they have an insert that is threaded and you can bolt the lift down to it when the posts are in use- I don’t plan to take mine down (if I ever get one lol.) bit it’s nice knowing I can put it away if needed

Reactions: 90sickfox

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
This is the lift I’ve been squirreling money away for, my garage ceiling will not accommodate a regular two post-but this guy will work perfectly. :)

fwiw the one I posted sells for around $1500. Not sure what they are called,but instead of a stud installed into the concrete ,they have an insert that is threaded and you can bolt the lift down to it when the posts are in use- I don’t plan to take mine down (if I ever get one lol.) bit it’s nice knowing I can put it away if needed
Thats called a drop in anchor.