I wonder if there is any difference between that loom you bought at the parts store and the electronics stuff I see on Amazon?

Not sure...this stuff is supposed to withstand 500° and cost 27 bucks for 20ft. It says its 3/8 but my harness was about 9/16 and it covered completely. Its split down the middle and curls around the wires. Very flexible.

• Sponsors (?)

Been busy working on customers cars. This veloster got CAI, intercooler W/ hot & cold piping, new fuel pump, tubular crash bar, braided upgraded line to the high pressure pump, and map sandwich plate.

20190224_210748.jpg

I got paid and his old CAI and Synapse BOV. Things keep leading me into the deep hole of modifying the 19 ecoboost.

I must resist....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got this stuff in the mail. It's a bump steer kit, seat belt hole covers, and an ash tray repair kit. Ordered new struts that should be in store Sunday.

20190226_211038.jpg

These things are a PITA. Just to let everyone know the coupe and convertible take the same covers.

....and, Mike , I finally installed an interior part. If you look close you can see the Indiana dust behind the panels. I had them removed and cleaned behind them when I had the entire interior apart and out. Don't fret, it'll all be cleaned...again. There's some painting in my future, too.

The bottom tabs broke on both pieces trying to get them seated. Probably had something to do with the low temps in the garage. They fit anyways though. I'm happy with them. They are in there tight as hell.

20190226_212230.jpg

20190226_212326.jpg

The ash tray will wait until I do the e brake recall repair.

There's a big difference between the old UPR bump steer kit and the new ones. The adjustable sleeve is a whole lot bigger.

20190302_140822.jpg

Up to my old tricks with hose clamps. A little heat shrink goes a long way.

20190302_212650.jpg

Can barely see the clamp up by the throttle body now.

20190302_215923.jpg

Went to the Pick A Part and found a 99 explorer v8. Man, I tore into that thing to get at the fuel rails. My fuel rails are a little rusty and I wanted replacements. Got the upper intake off and it had a built in fuel pressure regulator. I thought all of Fords regulators were 2 or 3 bolt. Nope....not this POS. Wasted about an hour trying to get to it. Complete waste of time.

Guess I'll just buy some aftermarket fuel rails...probably Aeromotive....or BBK. I really need to run new feed and return lines anyway one day. I'd much rather have too much fuel in the rails than not enough.

Reactions: 2 users
Story time...

A bunch of years ago I went to mustang week myrtle beach. The girlfriend ( now wife ) had a business function in Greenville, NC for a couple days. We stayed there first for a couple days before heading to SC. While there I was bored out of my mind. My 89 convertible was looking all purdy with its fresh svo blue pearl paint job.

However, the worn old Strange struts were shot. Felt every little bump on the road. The IRS springs were way too soft and caused the car to bottom out in the rear...and the tire brands didn't match front to rear.

One hot summer day I rollz up to O'Reilly's and bought jack stands, struts, shocks, and spring spacers. The guy came out of the store and saw me on the side with my car on the 4 jack stands wonderin' what the hell I was doin'. We talked a bit and I told him I'd only be about an hour. He told me if I was done in an hour he'd let me get a refund on the jack stands....

Needless to say, I got it done with a few minutes to spare. He refunded the money for the stands. I drove over to a tire shop and bought 4 tires and got an alignment.

I remember telling the guys not to use my ebrake...but they did anyways. Man was that tech scared when the back wheels were locked up. Lol. I didn't have return springs on the rear calipers. To release them you had to stick a screw driver back there and pry the e brake cam. Almost scared them into giving me the alignment for free...but they were all way too cool for that.

This UPR bump steer kit came from the first trip to MW Myrtle Beach....where I met Mike with his red throwback mustang coupe. Me and Carmicheal Angelo talked for at least an hour or so that day. ( he don't remember none of it...that old coot. Lol )

These struts carried me through a lot of pot holes....blizzards....trips to the track....even took a ride over a curb with Dusty. I'll miss these old cheap struts. It was great but sometimes ya jus' have to move on.

20190303_145241.jpg

If you notice the new bump steer ends are on the old bump steer kit. That's because the UPR kit end is way longer allowing for more adjustment. The threads on the outer heims joint are also reverse thread which simplified adjustment. With the new kit I have to turn the inner tie rod to adjust. With the old UPR all you had to do was loosen the nuts and turn the blue aluminum body. Not a big deal.

20190303_123033.jpg

Car is back down on the ground and everything is installed.

20190303_143430.jpg

I installed the OEspectrum Monro struts. I want to do coil overs and adjustable struts but the budget wouldn't allow it yet. Kinda caught me off guard when I went to tuck the passenger side. No way I could leave it the way it was.

There's no more play in the struts or bump steer kit....I'm happy.

I found these and will be installing to keep dirt out of the heims joints. Should help them live a little longer.

Screenshot_20190226-215350_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Story time...

A bunch of years ago I went to mustang week myrtle beach. The girlfriend ( now wife ) had a business function in Greenville, NC for a couple days. We stayed there first for a couple days before heading to SC. While there I was bored out of my mind. My 89 convertible was looking all purdy with its fresh svo blue pearl paint job.

However, the worn old Strange struts were shot. Felt every little bump on the road. The IRS springs were way too soft and caused the car to bottom out in the rear...and the tire brands didn't match front to rear.

One hot summer day I rollz up to O'Reilly's and bought jack stands, struts, shocks, and spring spacers. The guy came out of the store and saw me on the side with my car on the 4 jack stands wonderin' what the hell I was doin'. We talked a bit and I told him I'd only be about an hour. He told me if I was done in an hour he'd let me get a refund on the jack stands....

Needless to say, I got it done with a few minutes to spare. He refunded the money for the stands. I drove over to a tire shop and bought 4 tires and got an alignment.

I remember telling the guys not to use my ebrake...but they did anyways. Man was that tech scared when the back wheels were locked up. Lol. I didn't have return springs on the rear calipers. To release them you had to stick a screw driver back there and pry the e brake cam. Almost scared them into giving me the alignment for free...but they were all way too cool for that.

This UPR bump steer kit came from the first trip to MW Myrtle Beach....
where I met Mike with his red throwback mustang coupe. Me and Carmicheal Angelo talked for at least an hour or so that day. ( he don't remember none of it...that old coot. Lol )

These struts carried me through a lot of pot holes....blizzards....trips to the track....even took a ride over a curb with Dusty. I'll miss these old cheap struts. It was great but sometimes ya jus' have to move on.

20190303_145241.jpg

If you notice the new bump steer ends are on the old bump steer kit. That's because the UPR kit end is way longer allowing for more adjustment. The threads on the outer heims joint are also reverse thread which simplified adjustment. With the new kit I have to turn the inner tie rod to adjust. With the old UPR all you had to do was loosen the nuts and turn the blue aluminum body. Not a big deal.

20190303_123033.jpg

Car is back down on the ground and everything is installed.

20190303_143430.jpg

I installed the OEspectrum Monro struts. I want to do coil overs and adjustable struts but the budget wouldn't allow it yet. Kinda caught me off guard when I went to tuck the passenger side. No way I could leave it the way it was.

There's no more play in the struts or bump steer kit....I'm happy.

I found these and will be installing to keep dirt out of the heims joints. Should help them live a little longer.

Screenshot_20190226-215350_Chrome.jpg
Oh My God!
You've went all these years, and just now are mentioning that we spoke?..I must've talked to 93 bagillion people over those two days in 2012...Im sorry if I forgot, I barely remember anything from that trip other than it started with me driving through a torrential rain storm, and ended with me in a white knuckle panic driving back smelling antifreeze and not knowing if the engine was gonna boil over any second for 300 miles.
I found the thread...did you come on and remind me that we spoke at that time?
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...s-im-the-owner-and-a-can-of-bars-leak.859524/

Oh My God!
You've went all these years, and just now are mentioning that we spoke?..I must've talked to 93 bagillion people over those two days in 2012...Im sorry if I forgot, I barely remember anything from that trip other than it started with me driving through a torrential rain storm, and ended with me in a white knuckle panic driving back smelling antifreeze and not knowing if the engine was gonna boil over any second for 300 miles.
I found the thread...did you come on and remind me that we spoke at that time?
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...s-im-the-owner-and-a-can-of-bars-leak.859524/

I wasn't a member back then...didn't know anything about stangnet 'til ya told me. I got caught in the same rain storm on the overpass on 17. No where to pull over so we got soaked.

20190304_095133.jpg

20190304_095114.jpg

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
Had a few minutes to spare this evening. Decided to tackle the ash tray door and the e brake recall fix.

This is what happened to my center console...

20190308_195658.jpg

I was on the phone with the woman ( while she complained about everything under the sun ) and heard a crack. The seal for the e brake just cracked clean off. Then I re- noticed this...

20190308_195641.jpg

The arm that holds the spring is completely gone. I knew this when I put everything back in the car....but I forgot. The repair kit won't work. I can make something to fix it but I won't. Looks like I have another thing to order.

Last edited:
The e brake repair went flawless. Heres a before shot...

20190308_194511.jpg

Here's the recall part...

20190308_194502.jpg

Here's where it goes. What it does is locks the ratchet pawl in position. When the handle is down the pawl is released. When you pull it up it grabs one of the teeth and sets the brake. That mechanism could fail causing the e brake to not grap. Easy install...

20190308_195606.jpg

20190308_195533.jpg

I use an e brake out of a 98 mustang. Its different than the 79- 93 mustangs. Made the change because of the IRS and the sn95 style cables.

Works like a charm.

Welp...I did something. Kinda wasn't budgeted yet but couldn't resist the temptation. I ordered the cup holder center console, interior mirror covers, and a BOV adapter for my ecoboost.

Hopefully, I'll be able to order the MAF, adjustable tie rod ends for my IRS and jacking rails and wheels and tires for the s550 by the end of next month.

Been looking at some billet fuel rails. I'd like to upgrade my fuel system lines...want to use hard tube from the filter to the frame rail below booster. Guess ive got to price some things up. Also, been looking at 57lb fuel injectors. The fuel system is definitely on the list.

There's a small oil leak at the back of my lower intake. I might have to remove it and reseal the valley. Was back there looking at my knock sensor location. While I'm at it I might as well install the sensor and run the wires for it.

Beautiful day today.....and I've ( obviously ) got spring fever.

So...ya know how you have a bad couple days at work...and just want to release some steam putting some new parts in your cars ? Well, that's me. The only thing that calms my brain down is tinkering and piddlin'. A little alcohol usually makes me think even more.

Nothing is working. I've been emailing lmr and Steeda about the bov adapter. The 2019 recirculation valve is bigger than previous years so it won't fit. The cup holder center console piece doesn't fit my mustang either.

The issue with the center console isn't LMRs fault. I use a 98 e brake because of the IRS rear. The cable cam on the 98 is larger in diameter than the original e brake handle. That big square pocket is just low enough to not allow the console to fit. On the original it was under the pen pocket which is not as deep as the old change pocket.

20190319_183852.jpg

20190319_183928.jpg

I can modify the e brake handle cable cam by shaving 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch off of it. That means I'll have to remove it to do that or risk throwing hot sparks all over the interior. The thing will also need to be painted.

20190319_183955.jpg

I'm not doing that anytime soon.

See what happens when I drink....

Last edited:
Found some time to get the e brake cut down.

20190320_191907.jpg

Now I'm part of the cup holder crew. This is all just a test fit. It'll get painted but with rain the next three days and temps around 50 degrees it just ain't happenin' right now.

20190320_200829.jpg

I want to add a USB for megasquirt and a charging usb along with a 12v port. Been playing around with the factory cigarette lighter and it may go in great.

Last edited:
Things will be on hold a couple weeks. Aside from the medical builds I bought my lady a custom wrap around sectional. The guy at the furniture store even let me bring the fabric samples home so she could see them without leaving the house. That thing weighed like 50lbs.

She was upstairs in bed and her family was here. When I went up to check on her she said shed be downstairs if we had a big enough comfortable sofa. ( we have a nice one but it's an Italian leather, cream, sleeper sofa ). She hates leather and it's not the most comfortable bed in the house either....so I had her pick the color and fabric and it's getting made as we speak.

I've been working on the MSDroid Pro app for my phone. Getting ready for easier data logs and not having to plug the laptop in to tune.

Screenshot_20190323-104238_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-104259_MSDroid.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-104413_MSDroid.jpg

I don't have the correct adapter for my usb charger cord. Gonna try to find one today at some point. This will be fun....finally...( I've had this app on my phone for a year...but just got the pro version that will allow me to actually use it )

The plot thickens as me and the ole lady go to test drive some vehicles. She ends up coming home with a 2019 Hyundai Sante Fe...

20190324_221152.jpg

I guess its true....she can get anything out of me....especially when she's in pain. That's a total of 6 cars in our driveway and 2 payments. We have a problem...only 2 are mustangs.

She wants some black and silver machined wheels for her new truck. Some way I'll have to find a way to get them for her, too.

My stuff will have to wait just a little longer.

Well...back to our regular scheduled programming.

I'm going to keep my depressing personal stuff out of here. My posts make me look like a depressed sick crazy old dude. I still run circles around all of my kids. Lol

Installed the factory cigarette lighter / charger port and the usb w/ aux jack. When I get the knock sensor installed it'll be a listening jack. ( won't need it but it's cool....doubt I'll be able to hear knock over the turbo, cam, and rockers )

I laid some masking tape down so I wouldnt mark up the console. Also gave me a center line to judge off of.

20190329_185124.jpg

Used the mirror switch to square it up. The ports aren't the same size so I wanted to get them as close as possible to square and even. Once installed I even hooked up the bulb that goes on the factory port. It actually lights up now. May change it to one that lights up green like everything else inside this car. Reminds me of all the money I continue to spend.

20190329_193449.jpg

I traced the inside of the holding nut for the usb thingamabob and used the flat metal plate that goes under the factory port. Used a dremel with a cutting drill bit to cut them out....then used a sanding barrel to creap up on the right size.

Its wild looking at all this stuff that's going to come back out again. The cords reached to the back of my radio and to the adapter for my MS. The adapter for my phone should be here tomorrow so I can finally test this app out.

This morning was absolutely beautiful at my house. Had to snap a pic...

20190329_064956.jpg

Life is good.

Well....the MSDroid app works. I missed a pretty nice data log but did get two others.

Today the tires let loose in third. Very nice feeling.

Some things need to be worked out with the MSDroid log. According to it my car idles at -2.3 psi. My gauge was showing me about 12in vacuum which is normal for my car at 8- 900rpm.