Too late @CarMichael Angelo ...Summit to the rescue....I do need a cobra master cylinder though.

Screenshot_20191007-151327_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Had to get it above 100 bucks.

• Sponsors (?)

I really do appreciate it Mike. Y'all are the best set of forum buddies a guy could ever ask for.

My local friends just ask me to fix stuff, give them stuff, or let them hug my wife. :nono:...the wife bites and has a bad attitude at times.

Got everything from Summit today. All the fittings work. The booster is holding vacuum...

20191009_184136.jpg

I've got to order new intake plenum gaskets. The valve covers have blue Felpro neoprene gaskets so they should be ok. I want to change the master cylinder while I'm in there. This would be a good time to run new lines and install my adjustable prop valve.

Hopefully, I'll get this 300zx out of here by next weekend. Ive got to put a transmission speed sensor in the taurus ( gotta pull the whole valve body and tcm off ). Stupid design on fords end. Would be great to take the Taurus to work and on errands. Could keep the ecoboost parked sometimes. I'm coming up on 21k already....just bought the car in December.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Dude, that rusty ass booster only has 50 miles? Shoulda painted before putting it in. Redoing all my wiring with the fender off lets me see how much the previous owner had to heat and beat the piss out of the strut tower to make it fit. I was like, I should take it off so I can paint this side while I am doing this....NOPE!

Reactions: 1 user
Dude, that rusty ass booster only has 50 miles? Shoulda painted before putting it in. Redoing all my wiring with the fender off lets me see how much the previous owner had to heat and beat the piss out of the strut tower to make it fit. I was like, I should take it off so I can paint this side while I am doing this....NOPE!

It's been in for about 50 miles and two or three years. Can't remember when I put this engine in. It was a serious PITA and I should've painted it. I get the lucky chance to do it all again. :doh:

Test fitted the BigBully I picked up at the yard. I don't like the angles the hoses come out the thing. I'm not a big fan of the stack of fittings and the check valve sticking off the intake either. The red and blue fittings irritate me ( and always have ). The 4ft of black braided hose may find a new home, from my tool box to on Dusty. There's a Pep Boys down the road that has a bunch of AN fittings and stuff. Guess I'll be making a trip.

20191010_202853.jpg

The old separator did its job catching oil but it did back flow to the pcv valve under boost. The valve must've done its job keeping the pressure out.

Here's a before pic....

20190926_190636.jpg

The steel wool in this thing makes me a little nervous. Just the thought of a little piece finding its way down beside a piston makes my head hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I said it way back in this thread and I'll say it again " I love Summit AN fittings...the other cheap ones are crap ! ". Got the vacuum check valve hoses up. I actually had enough fittings to make it happen but nothing wrong with extras. Eventually, they will all get swapped out for black ones.

For the vapor line from the breather I had to drill through two washers with a step drill bit. Anyone that's ever attempted it knows that it's a puckering moment every time that thing spins out of the pliers. Luckily, I got them done and didn't loose any blood.

20191011_200554.jpg

20191011_200604.jpg

This fitting has the nut on top so there's no threat of it falling off and getting sucked in the turbo.

The straight fittings at the intake and first at the check valve are cheap no name fittings that I've had for years. They've been installed on a few different cars so they're a little beat up. It takes the brute force of a drunk pig to tighten them up. This causes the anodizing to rub off from the pressure. The others are Summit brand and go on with ease. ( with a little AN fitting lube ).

Here's the underhood shot as of tonite. Soon most of this stuff is coming out and getting cleaned up.

20191011_203648.jpg

20191011_222839.jpg

Hard to believe I've been working on this thing for a couple years now. Still gotta figure out what to do with all the stuff back there on the firewall.

I'm going to finish drinking now. Any ideas are helpful fellas.

Dusty is back in his room...

20191013_142101.jpg

Im not going to talk about how much work it took to get him back there. The 300zx I'm working on for a customer runs.... but found out the trans cooler in the radiator is bad and mixing coolant with the transmission fluid. Smh

Last edited:
At one of my old ladies favorite wineries at the moment. This stuff is good....and no peaches in it.

20191013_164040.jpg

The horses are amazing.

20191013_162444.jpg

20191013_162901.jpg

Wouldn't be complete without a couple jackasses....

20191013_162856.jpg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Finally got a check valve in the hose that goes from the intake to the vacuum tree. After upgrading my other car a bit I had time on my hands. Thought I needed to order a check valve but ended up having one that fit in my tool box the whole time. I could've done this 2yrs ago.

I hate those chrome hose clamps...so...they got my wire shrink wrap treatment.

20191026_210626.jpg

Here it is installed. The flash makes everything look dirtier than it is. Mike, it's all coming out soon for the beautification process.

20191026_211121.jpg

Those clamps by the firewall are on the hose running for the vacuum pump...so are those bright wires. ( except the orange one. That's for the o2 sensor ground that I no longer need ). Once the pump is actually completely hooked up those wires won't be there and neither will those ugly clamps.

This is the season where I really enjoy working on my own car....but this dang 1992 300zx refuses to leave my house. It's got 60k on it and runs pretty good after sitting the last 15yrs. Customer came last weekend and drove it for the first time. Went great for them. When I went to move it after they left the transmission is locked in all drive gears. Even neutral is drive. Either a solenoid is stuck or theres hydraulic pressure bleeding into a drive circuit.

I just want to mess with my car. AAAAARRRRGGGHH :fuss::fuss::fuss:

I do a little side work just to increase my spending budget...but this car is starting to wear on my patience. Was supposed to be a few grand for some stuff I want to do to the cars. Now, it's just a thorn in my side. If this car was done ( full mechanical restoration ) it would've been great during the summer. Unexpected circumstances drug this project into this month. The customer stating they didn't want to spend what I quoted should've been a red flag. Took some things off the list and got the OK to proceed....then chaos happens. I need to stick to popular cars when I do stuff like this. The customer is great....but as this time approaches my time seems more valuable. That equates to more money to get rid of the pain of seeing Dusty sit. Guess I won't get to drive'em before first snow.

I may just wash my hands of this 300 and cut my losses. Settle for a grand for what's done and recommend a good transmission shop....or tell them Merry Christmas...and still recommend a good trans shop...with storage fees starting as of the date of notification. Lol