Dyno for C&L and/or Dragon Plenums

wms004

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Los Angeles
I have yet to see a near stock car on the dyno with either of these.. I'm leaning towards the Dragon depending on how my work and christmas end up;), and would like to order one.. but want to know which makes more power

• Sponsors (?)

TacBear said:
AFM has tested the Accufab, Trick Flow and the Dragon and the Dragon had the best gains!

Click on "New Products"

Anderson Ford Motorsport

Where do you see the comparison? Is there a direct link you can post up :shrug: . All I see under new products is the dyno graphs (of the dragon and tf) compared to the stock plenum. Plus, those graphs are a little skewed in a sense that it doesnt gives people who are stock to bolt-ons a good idea in terms of gains. The motor they are using it seems they spin to 7k, and they obviously have done some type of major work to the engine (heads/cam/fuel if n/a or p/a) to produce those numbers. Hopefully some independent testing will be done soon to give more real world results.

I'm interested in this too. Have mods listed below plus some stuff i'm prolly forgetting. G/f got me the C&L for xmas and am gonna put it on when i get it. Hope to feel some good gains w/ stock t/b.

96_Stang-a-roo said:
I'm interested in this too. Have mods listed below plus some stuff i'm prolly forgetting. G/f got me the C&L for xmas and am gonna put it on when i get it. Hope to feel some good gains w/ stock t/b.
my g/f go tme the C&L for x-mas too, haha.and I picked up a 75mm accufab TB for myself to go along with it. :nice:

I installed the C&L w/ the accufab 75mm last week and I can definitely feel the difference. Quicker response and I feel much faster. I will have a new dyno tune after xmas with a re-calibrated Mass air meter as I ran out of air the last time I was on the dyno. I'm shooting for 500rwhp on pump gas.

The dragon plenum was tested on virtually stock cars, the Naturally aspirated graph was a 2000 GT with the only mod being an aftermarket exhaust, and the supercharged graph was a 2000 GT that was all stock except the installation of a 8 psi Vortech s/c. Both cars still had stock throttle bodies. I hope this helps.

Subscribing......

The Dragon seems like it would flow smoother than the C&L, because of the bump in the design of the C&L where the Dragon seems to have a more direct flow into the lower intake.

But I too would like to see a dyno pull w/ all three on a stock or light bolt-on car.

killbee said:
I see you have 3 diffrent intakes, stock,70mm and 75mm. If I go ahead and purchase the 75mm unit will it still work with the stock TB until I can get a 75mm unit a little later?

I will answer for DragonPerf since he doesn't post much.

YES the 75mm will work with a stock TB, a 70mm and a 75mm.
I have a FR 70mm and I installed the 75mm Dragon.

96_Stang-a-roo said:

You will definetely feel the C&L plenum even with the stock thorttle body. Not sure how all these upper intake will stack up powerwise in the end, but the C&L will definetly be up there. Good choice.

stock2002gt said:
You will definetely feel the C&L plenum even with the stock thorttle body. Not sure how all these upper intake will stack up powerwise in the end, but the C&L will definetly be up there. Good choice.

Same for the Dragon! :nice: I lit the tires up in second gear so bad that I had to back out of it!