Dyno Number guesses

I am finally going to get my car tuned on the 17th of this month. I was wanting to get some opinions on dyno numbers you think I will be pushing so here is a list of mods.

Eagle 347 stroker kit
Kieth Black pistons
Trick flow top end kit including
Trick flow twisted wedge heads
Trick flow cam
Trick flow upper and lower intake
Summit 75mm throttle body
BBK long tube headers
Off road shorty x pipe
SLP loudmouth exhaust
Smog pump delete
EGR delete
D-1SC procharger kit complete with 3 core air to air intercooler, 60lb injectors, and 255lph fuel pump.

Let me know what you think the dyno numbers will be.

• Sponsors (?)

I am finally going to get my car tuned on the 17th of this month. I was wanting to get some opinions on dyno numbers you think I will be pushing so here is a list of mods.

Eagle 347 stroker kit
Kieth Black pistons
Trick flow top end kit including
Trick flow twisted wedge heads
Trick flow cam
Trick flow upper and lower intake
Summit 75mm throttle body
BBK long tube headers
Off road shorty x pipe
SLP loudmouth exhaust
Smog pump delete
EGR delete
D-1SC procharger kit complete with 3 core air to air intercooler, 60lb injectors, and 255lph fuel pump.

Let me know what you think the dyno numbers will be.

How much boost do you plan to run?

Adam

What kind of dyno?

I had a similar setup but slightly smaller heads, smaller s-trim, shorty headers, and smaller fuel system (adequate though) and made 420rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. It ran ~ 120mph in the 1/4, so it prob made about 450rwhp on a regular Dynojet.

My guess is 490/510

that thing is gonna fly. i bet you'll hit 500 at the wheels well before you get to 16# of boost. either that, or something will explode and you'll be starting all over.

stock block?

Black95GTS has a good point about the fuel system

Yeah it is the stock block for now. I am looking around for more options. If the block comes apart I haven't decided if I want to replace it with an aluminum block or a 351 windsor stroker motor. Either way I am looking just in case. The machine shop said it should hold no problem. I talked to Procharger and they ran the numbers with the D-1sc procharger setup and they said I should be pushing 700hp at least at the crank. So if you figure the 15% drive line loss it should be around 595 hp at the wheels. I get it tuned friday. Lets see whos closest. Keep the guesses coming.

Correct me if I'm wrong but 16 psi is beyond the limit of the stock block isn't it? What else have you done to strenthen the bottom end. And if you plan on blowing it up why not build the windsor stroker to begin with?

Good luck it'll be scary fast anyways

Looking back I wish I would have went with the windsor motor when I started. It would have given me more power. But I went and had it tuned on the 17th. He was only able to tune it to 4800 rpms because the fuel system. After talking with him for a while he said if I upgrade the stock in tank pump to a 255 it should be enough. I have drove it around some after installing it and it does not cut out like it did before. It was pushing 450hp at the wheels and 483 ft lbs of torque. And that is at 4800 rpms. But now that I have been driving it into boost I have been finding weak links on the car. I was told the crank pressure was too much so I drilled holes in the valve covers for breathers but they have no baffles so when I get on it hard it shoots oil out the breathers. So I have ordered Some tall baffled breathers and an intake spacer. I will be taking it back up in a couple of weeks for the final tune. The bottom end has eagle forged crank, forged connecting rods, upgraded bearings, and kieth black pistons. for strength. When it gets done it should be pushing around 550-575 hp. I don't think the block will have a problem. If it does, well it will be time to go with the windsor motor.

I really wish I had done a windsor block too. If you are going to go that route, it's worth the money to upgrade to a stronger aftermarket block. Not sure the aluminum block is worth the money. What kind of transmission are you using?

Kurt

Yeah that setup will definitely make block breaking power well before 16 psi so after 500 rwhp it doesn't really matter how much it makes since after that you are just playing with fire. That's the thing with the stock block it doesn't really matter what setup you have it's only gonna make around 500 if you are smart. With that said, I'd say the setup it good for 575 or so.

I've seen stock blocks put down 900rwhp. Not that it's a safe bet, but there is no fixed horsepower number where the block fails. Keep in mind, if you scrimp on the block, and it gives out on you, there is a good chance you are going to ruin an expensive rotating assembly.

Kurt

I've seen stock blocks put down 900rwhp. Not that it's a safe bet, but there is no fixed horsepower number where the block fails. Keep in mind, if you scrimp on the block, and it gives out on you, there is a good chance you are going to ruin an expensive rotating assembly.

Kurt

I was referring to the GENERAL rule of thumb that we all know of the stock block being good for around 500-550 give or take. Obviously it doesn't click over to one certain horsepower number and blow up. :rolleyes: