Dyno numbers in! - SCT = thumbs up!

LizardKing 2002

Founding Member
Mar 30, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
Running an 02 stang GT
Mods:
1. MacProchamber with cats welded in (not a clean job (lots a bends))
2. Flowmasters 40 series (nothing)
3. March Powerpullies
4. 3.73 Gears

Best track time is 13.570 @ 101MPH with a 1.978 60ft on goodyear factory tires.

My best base line run for these mods on a Mustang Dyno is:

263WHP @ 5000RPM
296WTQ @ 4250RPM

I purchased an SCT tuner (modulardepot.com) and we uploaded the tune which plays with timing to give my car 94 octane performance.

271.2WHP @ 5250RPM
308WTQ @ 4250RPM

The nice thing is the tune affects the numbers from the get go.

The car felt ****n strong on the way home. First felt like the dif wanted to hit the ground... second was equally fast... and third seemed faster as well. The but dyno is very happy!!!

• Sponsors (?)

My car just ran 211/250 on a mustang dyno - mods in my sig. These numbers sound more like dynojet numbers but even they sound high for that. Maybe the people running mustang dyno compensated the weight/brake to be more in line with a dynojet.

about the only way that those #'s are right is they reversed your weight or something when they entered it in the computer. instead of say 3600 they put 6300. or someone accidentally put a mach engine in your car. hate to rain on your parade but something is not right here

I really didn't expect people to flame me that much. I thought the numbers and my time slip matched fairly well. Most 1/4 mile calculators would say I need 270WHP to get a 13.57 ... and I had 260ish on average with Tapp's Mustang Dyno (before tune). Mach1s run mid ~13s stock on average. They also dyno at ~270WHP.

Why should these numbers be so off? They where SAE corrected. ... the actual difference between SAE and actual dyno numbers was insignificant this morning. We are almost at see level here. The temperature was just under 80F and humidity was in 30% range.

The bottomline for me is the TUNE (reason for me to go to the dyno) was a definate gain, and thoroughly impressive. Way to go SCT... you pulled through like you said you would.

c2see21 said:
about the only way that those #'s are right is they reversed your weight or something when they entered it in the computer. instead of say 3600 they put 6300. or someone accidentally put a mach engine in your car. hate to rain on your parade but something is not right here

Don't feel no rain. You can always tell when someone is a poser or a driver. One brags with Dyno time sheets, the other one with timeslips. ...and I don't mean this in an arogant way. (i.e. I don't plan on braggin my timeslips... specifically if it requires me to go through this crap everytime)

My dyno guy put the weight of my coupe at 3425 which is exactly what it weighed in at Sanair Racing on the scale.

Either you dont know all the mods on your car or something is wacky with the dyno. On a dynojet, my car only puts down 266 and thats full exhaust, pulley's, cai, and a chip. A Mustang dyno is a good bit lower than a dyno. Are you positive its a mustang dyno and not just a dynojet :shrug:
Im not trying to flame, just those #s are really high for your mods.

it's not that i'm trying to flame you, but something is just not adding up. let me do some ricer math for you, to give you a idea of where people are coming from. with your list of given mods (these are just round about average #'s)

1)prochamber - 10rwhp
2)flows - 2 rwhp
3)pullies - 5 rwhp

so i'll be liberal & add it up to 20 rwhp. on lets say a base of 230 for a base of 250. now this is given for a dynojet dyno, which reads higher than a mustang dyno. to give you a comparison between the two, a mustang dyno you will need to add 30% to get your flywheel hp. on a dynojet, you can add rougly 15% to get flywheel. and since you said you were on a mustnag dyno that makes it even more unbelievable. i personally would be more apt to believe you if it were on a dynojet, but a mustang dyno is a bit much to believe.

regaurdless that was a nice run if you are hitting 13.5's :nice: & one more thing that people are gunna call you on is a 13.66 in a completely bone stock stang (just the way it was delivered from ford, on your last car). if i remember correctly the best that i've heard of is a 13.7 & that was by a pro driver. again i'm not flaming you, just trying to give you a idea of where people are coming from :nice: