Dyno #'s are in.

MattZ281LE

Founding Member
Feb 6, 2000
Purcellville, Va
Dyno #s where pretty good. With no tuning or chip the first pull was 302Hp/327Tq But running somewhat lean. Finally ended up with a max of 306.5Hp/329.4Tq (std) 298.5/320.9 (sae) Stock 120k short short block and off the shelf cam With H/C/I I picked up 92hp 52tq. Mods are in sig.

My idle is fine now, took around 200-300 miles to learn, no stalling or bucking. I can cruise along at 1500 rpm with no problems. Awesome driveability I can drive spirited and still stay under 3k, lots and lots of torque. I hit the timing dead on when I put the motor back together and all that was adjusted was the fuel pressure. Im pretty happy with the results. At this point I dont think I will chip the car. Doesn't seem to need it. All pulls where over 300 std. or 295 sae. This is the exact level of my LS1 when it was stock.

Stock Dyno
dscf0045.jpg

First Pull (no tuning)
dyno1.jpg

Final Pull
dyno4.jpg

On the Dyno
http://hometown.aol.com/mattz281le/images/dynoback.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i would say i hate you, but i think loathe is a better word,

congrats on the #'s jealousy isnt the word,
i do have a Q though, how does is feel to spend all that money and only equal the ls1's stock power? just curious.

i do have a Q though, how does is feel to spend all that money and only equal the ls1's stock power? just curious.

Feels just fine. I think of the Camaro as a distance runner, a better highway car The Mustang is more like a sprinter, quick off the line and good in much shorter distances. Its louder and more agressive looking. The Camaro is best out on the long open roads for real speed runs and distance driving. I find the both a blast to drive. :banana: :flag: American cars are my favorite and both are old school pushrods :worship:

What type of heads do you have AFR?

AFR 165 Pedastal mount 60cc. I would HIGHLY recomment the stud mount heads for ease of valve train alignment. Its worth the extra money of inital setup to have them.

Nice numbers - I like the look of that torque curve nice and flat. Amazing how is compares to the stock torque curve where it falls off like a cliff 3700RPM!!