Dyno Sheet In!

XXBULLETSXX

Mar 30, 2005
Kannapolis, NC
I dyno'd my rebuilt 289 (My brother built the motor) a while back but only just now was able to make it available for you all to see.

Let me know what you think of the results of my brothers work on a forty year old 289.

66dynorunaw8.jpg

Attachments

• 66dynorunaw8.jpg
    66dynorunaw8.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Sponsors (?)

brin0357 said:
Nice, specs?

Specs...Hmmmm ok, if I forget anything remind me and I'll figure it out and repost.

The Crank is stock but has been externally balanced to the same specs my brother uses for the DP engines he builds. Sorry that's not much info.

The Connecting Rods are stock length forged Eagle rods.

The Pistons I think are Hypertechnic(?). Which is supposed to be a cross between Forged and Cast. I guess you guess the benefits of both worlds light and strong.

The Cam is a Comp Cams Extreme Energy 274. Here's a link to the spec page on CompCam's web site:http://www.compcams.com/Technical/Search/CamDetails.asp?PartNumber=31-246-3

The Heads are World Windsor JR. Heads. These heads have been highly modified from stock. My brothers co-worker completely reworked the heads and flow benched them to match the rest of the motor.

The intake is a weiand dual plane intake. The guys at the shop told me I could make considerably more power if I had a better intake. The only problem with getting the right intake is $ and getting it to fit under the hood. I'll get to it some day but I've got other things I need to do first, like a built rearend that will hold up.

The Carb is a Holley 600 and I'm still doing the final tuning. It's down to about 3 different jets sizes now. LOL Wish me luck. It still runs fine but I'm just trying to ensure it's running as good as possible.

I'm hoping to get a video of it running so you all can hear it. It sounds like a beast. When I roll into a car show it draws a crowd, no joke!

bnickel said:
that has to be one of the flattest torque curves i've ever seen.

Thanks, my brother said the same thing.

coolblue65 said:
is that on an engine dyno or Rear wheel?
That's on an engine dyno. Lucky for me it's a straight drive (T5) so I don't think it's losing much going back. Either way it's a lot more then it had.

Here's some pics:

img67221vl.jpg

img67255az.jpg

img67271ze.jpg

View attachment 440988

img6779r5ck.jpg

Attachments

• img67221vl.jpg
    img67221vl.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 69
  • img67255az.jpg
    img67255az.jpg