Dyno'd the car tonite.

twotonefreak

Feb 23, 2003
Fortsmith,AR
Well made a couple pulls on they dyno, not real thrilled about the numbers, but so far of all the cars they have dyno'd seem to be about 30rwhp/lb.ft off from very similar combos. Oh well I had to drive for about 35 mins and the car was only able too cool down while they strapped it down. Final numbers were 239.11 rwhp and 272.94 lb/ft. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I still have the stock T-body, MAF, and injectors. So far he has dyno'd one 2.80 pullied 03 cobra, and a stock 92 GT, and a stock 00 trans am. The 03 did 420/440, the 92 pulled down 180/270, and the trans am did 280/310. Most of the 03s that live about 3 hrs from here (but they only have a 2.93 pulley) here are in the 460-70 rwhp and 470-80 lb/ft. I would have expected the LS1 to pull right about 300rwhp also. Who knows, I think I may have to drive the 3hrs and make a pull on that dyno, I know its a Dyno jet like the one here, but I think they are different models?

The dyno owner doesn't have his A/F equipment up yet. He just got everything up and going yesterday. I knew those numbers were low, especially when my friends 03 Cobra w/ a BBK CAI, 2.80 pulley and o/r H only pulled 420/440 when many, many others are churning out 460-470 w/ same tq. with a 2.93 pulley?? I don't know. Also my car isn't tuned at all. I just have the timing at 14 and fuel press. at idle is 33lbs.

I have it at 14 degrees, and 42psi no vacuum, thats with #19 injectors though(dont know what u have) . Not sure what it is at idle with the vacuum on. My air fuel was 13.7:1 almost all the way through my dyno run. I also have the fuel pump which helps it from dropping off.

My fuel pressure is 33 with no vaccum, I still have the stock 19# inj. also. I don't know, maybe dyno operator error? Oh well I am going to try and set something up at another dyno about 3 hrs. from here and see how big a difference, if any there is. They are two different models of Dynojets.