Dynoed 308ci, Canfield 195's, Jay Allen Cam, Quickfuel 650 Carb setup today!

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
I sold this rolling chassis to a buddy of mine back in late 06, he got it running recently with a decent little setup but decided the car was a little too much for him to drive often. I had just bought a 97 WS6 last week with a built motor, heads, blower cam, etc and was parting it out because it had a leaky cometic head gasket and just the fact that LT1 cars dont sell for much whole these days anyway. He called and we worked out a trade so I have the notch again.

93 Notch, .040 over 308 w/ SRP Flat Tops
Canfield 195 Heads w/ 58cc Chambers
Jay Allen Custom Grind 224/238 .583/.576 112 Cam
Weiand Xcelator Intake
Quick Fuel 650 Carb
Scorpion 1.6 RR's
Mac 1 5/8" Longtubes
Offroad H Pipe
Mac Catback
UD Crank Pulley
No AC or PS
K&N Style Filter & Lid
NX Nitrous Plate basically acting as a carb spacer, as the rest of the kit has never been on the car
Comp Lifters
MSD Billet Distributor
MSD 6AL
MSD Blaster SS Coil
Electric Fan
28* Total Timing

Car has a Promotion Tremec 3550, Steel Driveshaft, 3.55's and a set of 275/50/15 MT DR's which all eat a little more power than the average stock geared, T5, street tire combo

It did 303 RWHP and 299 rwtq on a Dynojet, SAE at XXX Motorsports in Pensacola today (850-457-DYNO). It peaked around 6000 rpms, air fuel was in the high 11's, low 12's. My buddy and his cousin had been tuning the carb, this was the first one they had ever messed with. They had in the 13's at WOT before but changed jets to help it during cruise and tip in response, which has richened it up at WOT. The motor only had 480 miles on it on the dyno, so it's still pretty tight. It was also really hot today, probably well over 90 in the shop.

My buddy that owns the dyno thinks the car could make alot more with a broken in motor and a bit more carb tuning. Not spectacular numbers but with everything working against it, it did better than I thought it would. Was hoping for 320, oh well. It could probably make more than that with some work.

Car runs pretty peppy, it's light. About to part it out though and sell the roller. Just wanted to see what it would do and the longblock might be going in my friend's 95 GT roller, with EFI and a 4R70W behind it. If he does buy it, we will get to see an interesting comparison because his car has a steel driveshaft, 3.55's, big Hoosier DR's and a lockup converter.

• Sponsors (?)

Those drag radials are eating more power on the dyno than you realize. My buddy dynoed his 347 with those same tires and only made 300hp even. He did a 5 lug swap and put some '98 Cobras on it with street rubber and went back and picked up 85hp at the wheels. He was kinda suspicious of the ebrake sticking too so it may not have been all because of the tires but even the tuner said DR's and slicks rob you of power on the dyno.