dynoed my car today...how'd i do??

eades5.0 said:
Also for the record....I like your car alot, and the thing is def makin good power wether the dyno is legit or not.
Also...
What A/F
What Timing (total)
What Gas
What pullies on the blower
And do you work at this shop?

A all out tune cold be the culprit, would make a lil more sense, my car has picked-up 40rw off 2*.
I was suspecting from the get-up that it was a normal street tune like all of us run..raped timing/pump gas/safe a/f (and it might be I'm just askin)

And for 600rw...I hope you are doing a full fuel sys
Also welcome to the Stock block chronicles club :)
ha ha......you have officially joined the "i think chris is a prick club". at any rate, i would like to hear more about your tune as well. i have a similar combo to eades old combo waiting to go into the car (stock block low comp 331 with an s-trim) and am curious about what you are doing different with the tune since he was about 30whp ahead of you with 29 more cubes and 7 or so psi more.

• Sponsors (?)

It's crazy, for some people you could say "I just won the lottery for $100,000,000." and they would still call you a loser for ever playing it.. guys give credit were credit is due.. The guy is happy and hell I hope i make that much HP soon too.. I might copy his recipe...:shrug:

How much total timing do you have in it? Any boost fall off?

I can see it being close to that. Aggresive timing can work wonders but make it a ticking time bomb.

A few weeks back I saw a stock 91 bottom ended car with an E-Cam TFS heads make 510 at the back tires at around 11#

This was on an all out tune also. The tuner backed the timing down to 470

I also backed my timing back some from my max of 625. I make around 600 now on pump gas 16* total timing. My tuner said he could push mine up around 700.Its stupid crazy now on the street. at 4k it hits like all get out and there go the drag radials up in smoke sideways I go. Like Chris I left alot on the table. We have almost the same combo and almost identical results.

Thanks to everyone that have good things to say. I've stated many times i didn't come on here to rub anyone the wrong way or post something that wasn't true. I have nothing to gain out of this cause i'm not selling anything. I help people out on my own time and build stuff for myself.

MattZ281LE said:
How much total timing do you have in it? Any boost fall off?

I can see it being close to that. Aggresive timing can work wonders but make it a ticking time bomb.

A few weeks back I saw a stock 91 bottom ended car with an E-Cam TFS heads make 510 at the back tires at around 11#

This was on an all out tune also. The tuner backed the timing down to 470

I also backed my timing back some from my max of 625. I make around 600 now on pump gas 16* total timing. My tuner said he could push mine up around 700.Its stupid crazy now on the street. at 4k it hits like all get out and there go the drag radials up in smoke sideways I go. Like Chris I left alot on the table. We have almost the same combo and almost identical results.

At 10#'s i've got 22* timing......boost keeps climbing until i let off. If you look at the dyno sheet i could've made more power i think if i took it higher. It was still climbing but i didn't want to go crazy with it. A few people were telling me to take it above 6k but i got a little nervous in the high 5's.

DaveB said:
I think this is an instance where all the little things add up and everything works great together to get the big power. Notice the fox tb conversion, whats that worth na? 10rwhp? Probably worth 20+ with FI. The AEM EMS is probably worth a lot, seems to be doing a great job, one of the smoothest dyno curves ive ever seen, a/f looks great. How many CCs are your heads? Again, great numbers. You can PM me the new dyno that you dont want to post.

Thanks. Another thing i think people are not paying attention to is my evac system. I'm pretty sure that's worth a good 20-30rwhp on a boosted application. I know it was worth 45rwhp on the Supra.

I've also got a part on it that i made in front of the inlet to the supercharger. We have it on our Supra and i thought it might work. It's a custom piece that smooths out the air by going through a honeycomb. It has a custom cold air setup that was running open with a velocity stack on the end. I know for a fact that's worth 5-10rwhp if not more.

eades5.0 said:
Also for the record....I like your car alot, and the thing is def makin good power wether the dyno is legit or not.
Also...
What A/F
What Timing (total)
What Gas
What pullies on the blower
And do you work at this shop?

A all out tune cold be the culprit, would make a lil more sense, my car has picked-up 40rw off 2*.
I was suspecting from the get-up that it was a normal street tune like all of us run..raped timing/pump gas/safe a/f (and it might be I'm just askin)

And for 600rw...I hope you are doing a full fuel sys
Also welcome to the Stock block chronicles club :)

a/f was a good 11.6-11.8 according to both my widebands at the collector
22*
100 octane
2.75 Reichard racing pulley with whatever the Vortech uses stock for the 94-95 cars.....6.75?
yes

I've already stated that i have a full fuel system. I upgraded the lines from front to rear along with pump and regulator.

I'm getting more and more nervous with the stock block especially with the new found power. Maybe my Horsepower Sales valley girdle is doing something positive. I don't know of anyone else running it and all those people said they have cracked blocks at less hp......hmmmmm??

I just thought of something!!! I might know why everyone is questioning so much.....

i've stated that i've converted to a map sensor right.....aren't those 100% accurate? It's telling me exactly what boost i'm seeing. Most people are going off of what their boost gauges tell them correct? That might be the difference right there. A boost gauge might be telling me 15lbs but a map sensor at the intake might be telling me only 10lbs.

I know for a fact there is a difference in Autometer gauges. How about some feedback on this one guys? Hopefully we can clear this up and get a good solid baseline for future setups.

haha yes now it adds up, I was gonna say i made 17psi on that pulley combo awhile back but on smaller heads..amkes sense you see 15.

I can def see that makin your #s on 15psi, 100 octane, and 22* total

I knew something was left outta the story..see all the guys thinkin I'm pickin on you...i HAVE been around a mustang once or twice
And why would I be jealous..i was where he is 3 yrs ago, and I also said I like the car alot and it is makin good power I just didnt belive the #s or as i stated clearly something was left outta the mod list which infact it was.
Spinning a S-trim at its max impeller speed will make some good power:)

eades5.0 said:
haha yes now it adds up, I was gonna say i made 17psi on that pulley combo awhile back but on smaller heads..amkes sense you see 15.

I can def see that makin your #s on 15psi, 100 octane, and 22* total

I knew something was left outta the story..see all the guys thinkin I'm pickin on you...i HAVE been around a mustang once or twice
And why would I be jealous..i was where he is 3 yrs ago, and I also said I like the car alot and it is makin good power I just didnt belive the #s or as i stated clearly something was left outta the mod list which infact it was.
Spinning a S-trim at its max impeller speed will make some good power:)

Hold on a second.....that's the pulley i have on it now. I changed it after i dynoed the car. I stated that clearly. The pulley i had on it was a 2.95 and like i said was making just under 10#s according to the computer. It's now making 13.3#'s according to the computer.

Even a 2.95 puts you at 48000 impeller at a 5900 shift point..thats movin some air. S-trim is about maxed
I just think its funny you held that info
What did the guage read on the 2.95...13psi or so?
Good #s

Damn, there are some haters on here!!:shrug:
Why dont you dyno the car again and tape it and when it makes the power that you said all the naysayers have to split the cost of you to dyno it after they watch the video of the dyno run. Whats a dyno run cost $60-70, divided by the naysayers, maybe 6-7. If you make the power that you posted then they pay you $10 a piece to cover the dyno run, if it dosent make the power then your out the $$ to get it dynoed again.

eades5.0 said:
Even a 2.95 puts you at 48000 impeller at a 5900 shift point..thats movin some air. S-trim is about maxed
I just think its funny you held that info
What did the guage read on the 2.95...13psi or so?
Good #s

Come on now man.....you started being cool and now you start this up again. I didn't hold anything back! I posted everything and said if anyone has any questions just post them up. I've answered everything asked from the get go. I didn't know exactly what to post up....i thought my boost #'s would be sufficient.

I also said i didn't know exactly what size crank pulley i have. It's been on there for a couple years so sorry if it's not the 1st thing on my mind. The only reason why i remember the s/c pulley is because i just changed them. I'll measure the crank in a little while and post it up to be exact.

You are almost right on the gauge reading and close on the shiftpoint....it was 5800. And to be exact it read 12#'s and it is an Autometer gauge which reads high to start with. You should know to never ever trust a gauge....it's only there as a reference. To tune exactly you need something a little more accurate.

YEAHLOH95 said:
i was going to say the same thing as chris, with a 2.95 pulley i make 15lbs that 2.75 must have you around 17 or so if you can keep it tight enough??

On the gauge it's reading 15 but the computer is only seeing 12.8 at 5800 where i'm shifting now. I don't have a problem with belt slip so i'm obviously not at 17lbs. Also this is with the 2.75 not the 2.95 i had on when i put it on the dyno.

Also what heads do you have? Same exhaust? same cam? same intake? Lot's of things can change what the engine sees for boost if i'm not mistaken. If any of the parts i mentioned are more restrictive than mine you'll see more boost than i will.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I have always trusted my Autometer guage to the fullest...never heard of anyone sayin diff till you.
Once again I'll say it..good #s
What else do i have to say to not seem like a a s s.
You had way more pulley, better gas, and way more timing than i was supecting..i do belive the #s now.

I made 580rw with 13psi @ 5300rpm (S-trim on my crappy autometer so you say) running outta fuel at 5300rpm with your same pulley setup so yes i do belive it (even though i had a lil more in my combo)
I was on 18* total and a fat fat a/f thx to the methanol.

94convgt said:
On the gauge it's reading 15 but the computer is only seeing 12.8 at 5800 where i'm shifting now. I don't have a problem with belt slip so i'm obviously not at 17lbs. Also this is with the 2.75 not the 2.95 i had on when i put it on the dyno.

Also what heads do you have? Same exhaust? same cam? same intake? Lot's of things can change what the engine sees for boost if i'm not mistaken. If any of the parts i mentioned are more restrictive than mine you'll see more boost than i will.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
ok so the computer saw almost 13 on the dyno? I thought you said 9 something or are you talking now ot see's that.

To most people on here there is not that much experience with superchargered h/c/i setups and they just believe whatever is said because they don't know any better. To someone who has a little expereince those just didn't add up. (that would be like someone coming on here posting 330 rwhp on a stock shortblock gt40p heads/typhoon intake/ f-cam setup and claiming there was nothing really special. Everybody and there brother would be all over them trying to figure out what was going on.

I was under the assumtion that it had a real safe tune, and only 9 psi.

BTW my map sensor on my car saw 11.8 psi on the original pulley that came with the s-trim at 5800 rpm and that was with bigger everything.

With that much power I think your a timebomb on that block.