Dynoed my GT40P setup,kinda disappointed

94VIRGINIASTANG

Founding Member
Feb 2, 2001
N/A-240rwhp-5639
272rwtq-4250

Nitrous-312rwhp-5500
340rwtq-4750

I was figuring about 260 or so through the C-4.The nitrous numbers would have been way higher but I didnt have time to heat the bottle some.The bottle was ice cold.Figured my 125 shot was really a 75 or so.The guy told me that another one of his customers switched to a C-4 and lost 70rwhp.His ET was about the same but lost 8 MPH.That very same thing happened to me.E.T was pretty much the same but lost 8 MPH.My A/F ratio was
12.8-12.5 range all the way through.Should I be disappointed?Any suggestions or comments?

• Sponsors (?)

No,this was the first time I ever dynoed.I dont think there was anything wrong with the dyno because my buddy with a 99 GT with longtubes,X-pipe,flowmasters,Procharger P1SC made 426 RWHP.He was seeing 13 lbs of boost at shutdown(about 6000rpms)He was having a dyno tuned chip made.

The Hitman said:
That does look low...
Rio5.0 dyno almost the same HP but MORE TQ than that with stock heads and cam.

He also has a 5 speed though which is a huge difference on the dyno.

I personally don't put any weight into dyno numbers from automatics... they can show numbers that don't indictate how the car will actually perform. Torque converters, trany slippage, etc can all effect the rwhp numbers. I wouldn't think twice about them if the A/F looked OK, and it runs well at the track. What are its current times with the C4? I will have to ask yeahloh95 what his buddies fox body car dyno'd with an aod and a typical H/C/I... I think it was right there with yours, and just at 300rwhp with nitrous. Maybe he'll see this and reply.

Must be drivetrain....damn, thats a pretty decent set-up you have...and i only had a Tmoss stock lower and was 255/311..something seems off??

Its hard when you see all the numbers that fly thru here...the 1320 could tell another story... :nice:

Before the C-4 it ran 12.90s at 106-108,1.80s at 3540lbs on 27 in Hoosier and a hard launch.On Drag Radials it ran 13.30s at 105,1.90s.The track closed for the season after my only chance to race it with the C-4.It ran a 13.58 at 100,1.92 3530lbs.I ran 275/50 BFGs,the track was slick(40 degrees and windy)Im waiting for the track to open back up so I can find the perfect launch.That night I was leaving at idle and flooring it.The ET is still there but MPH dropped off.But the head wind might have caused the low MPH.

Im pretty sure I can still run a 12.xx with it.Another thing I forgot to post was the next day I pulled the plugs after the 13.58 run cause I was a little concerned about the MPH(and pinging on top end) and 3 of the plugs were fouled shut.It runs better than that night.

nunly94gt-I had a t-5 that just wouldnt hold up.I lost count after 3 times.I didnt want to go through the pain of a computer controlled auto so I went with the PA C-4.Even with the low numbers I dont regret it.

94VIRGINIASTANG...going by your sig, it lets me believe I "might" be able to crack 12s myself....i got 24s going in, and swapping to a Fox 93 Cobra set-up, and i swapped in some 1.6 RRs....i'm hoping that will improve my MPH and give me that extra push...
May need to dump the 355s though...
I'm gonna re-dyno in late April or so with the added parts to see what they're worth numbers wise...

I did some searched on C4's a couple weeks ago (I'm thinking of getting one for my '90GT). In the drag racing forums on the corral, I'd say 90% of the guys that made the swap GAINED MPH. I was VERY, VERY shocked at that. On average they all ET'd better, and most gained 1mph. I never thought that was even possible as I thought most would run into situations like yours. Do a search for auto or C4 in the drag racing section of the corral and see if you can find it, if not let me know and I'll see if I can.

Thank Killercanary,Ill try that.Im gonna call Performance Automatic tommorrow and see what they say.Maybe my stall is to loose??I just would hate to take it all back out to replace the stall.

Hey man I feel you on the low dyno numbers. Combo in sig. I only did 239rwhp and 272lb/ft on a dynojet through a T-5. My P's are stone stock though, just rebuilt. I still have a stock T-Body and MAF and valvetrain. I am going to be adding my new 1.6rr, 6.450 Comp pushrods and Lunati springs. I will be heading back to the dyno next week to see what kind of improvements they make. I am hoping for at decent jump b/c the stock pushrods were bent and the springs I pulled off were trashed, I could easily compress them by hand (long story from firts cam install) I can see losing a fair amount through the C-4 and a decent sized stall such as yours. Let us know what you find.