Dynoed the car friday.....

slvrbullit302

Jan 6, 2004
Alabama
well bored at home and decided to call Blake @ www.walkerdynotune.com and see if he had any openings Friday. Here are the results.

First pull: timing at 14* fp set at 42# remember i have 30# inj.
255 RWHP
293 RWTQ

A/F 14.5:1 just a little lean for blake's and mine likings.

Second pull: Timing at 14* and fp at 46#
268 RWHP
305 RWTQ

A/F 13.5:1

Third Pull: dropped timing to 12* to check something
264 RWHP
303 RWTQ

A/F same as 2nd pull

Fourth pull: took the timing up to 16*
270 RWHP
306 RWTQ

A/F 12.8:1

I was hoping for a little more but I will have to get a chip. Then comes the spray.

The mods and such are listed in my sig.

• Sponsors (?)

Although your numbers are sort of low, you got a lot out of your dyno day. Also, I want to point out smething that many don't know and that is typically whe you bump the timing you lean out the car a little as is shown from you 12* timing pull versus your 16* timing one... thats something everyone should keep in mind when at the dyno. I'm surprised it stayed exactly the same though on your drop from 14* to 12*. You may have picked up a little more by adding a lb or two of FP with the 16* of timing.

A chassis dyno Loads the cars chassis.. actually tests what the car puts to the pavement vs. a Dyno jett.. which basically tests how much the car can turn 2 drums. Typically a Dyno jett will yeild about 15-18% higher numbers as compared to a Chassis Dyno or (MUSTANG DYNO)... very hard to just explain in writing, without going into a 2 page book lol.

Oh, well most of us use the term chassis dyno in reference to any dyno that measure wheel horse power unlike an engine dyno.

The dynojet is an inertia dyno, and the dynapack, mustang, etc are load bearing dynos for those that didn't know.