Engine E303 Cam Questions

MustangGT559

Aug 26, 2015
Hello all. I want to install an e303 cam on my 1990 mustang. Engine wise it's all stock. The only aftermarket parts is the carback. Which is a SLP loudmouth. My question is, can I put the cam without any problems? Or do I have to upgrade some parts on the engine? The reason why I want a aftermarket cam is because I love the sound it makes on idle. I plan on getting a x pipe and unequal shorty headers, gt40 manifold, and an intake.so is it a good idea? Or not ? Also I've read about the b303 cam is that any different? Thank you in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

waste of time and money with stock heads, intake, etc.

And the B cam is THE best cam ever invented in the history of cams. Rumor has it it is made with the tears of the baby Jesus.

Reactions: 2 users
If/when you arrive at the point where you need to replace the cam (that generally includes, heads, cam, intake (HCI), along with an upgrade to the exhaust, then you likely NOT put a Ford letter-cam in that motor at all.

Letter cams are very "1990s" and there are much better offerings that take more advantage of aftermarket bolt-ons than FMS. Some of the better off-the-shelf cams come from place like Anderson Ford Motorsports and even then the components need to be matched, not tossed together and bolted down.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all. I want to install an e303 cam on my 1990 mustang. Engine wise it's all stock. The only aftermarket parts is the carback. Which is a SLP loudmouth. My question is, can I put the cam without any problems? Or do I have to upgrade some parts on the engine? The reason why I want a aftermarket cam is because I love the sound it makes on idle. I plan on getting a x pipe and unequal shorty headers, gt40 manifold, and an intake.so is it a good idea? Or not ? Also I've read about the b303 cam is that any different? Thank you in advance!

Not all aftermarket cams make the same sound at idle, could you elaborate (lopey, smooth, choppy etc.) on what type of sound you're looking for. Also, there are recommended parts that should be replaced during a cam swap, even though as our cars are getting older (recommended should be required). However, this based on the cam you select or have made....but with stock heads nah.

Reactions: 1 user