E303 Cam

Good advice on cams, I put a f cam and then an e and then went to stock. Happier for street use, with air conditioning, crusing at low speeds much happier. Guys are get'n good hp numbers with blowers and turbos using stock cams. 'Alphabet' cams were the first performance ford pieces, I think the 93 cobras had them, lots of technology since 93. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.
Cobras had the Thunderbird Cam.

• Sponsors (?)

oprah B cam.jpg
Huh...I'll have to look into buying a B cam then

I run the stock HO cam with 1.7 full rollers. Love it!!! Smooth idle, lots of TQ down low and easily rev's to 6k and then some. Works perfectly with my V3 too. Boosted applications dont care as much about high lift since the induction at higher rpm's is forced.

I still think the 86 cam was one of the better shelf cams for these cars. Better for street than any of the letter cams.

I always meant to try it on a set of aluminum heads but never really got the chance. Ramps were a bit more aggressive from what I recall. The result of some really short valve stems.

I always thought the heads and valves were pretty much the same for the years from 86 up, what year head was the best stock wise?
I remember the old 69 302 4V heads used to be the ones to get back in the 'day'.

I always thought the heads and valves were pretty much the same for the years from 86 up, what year head was the best stock wise?
I remember the old 69 302 4V heads used to be the ones to get back in the 'day'.

87+ were arguably the best that came on a Fox (GT). There's a good argument for 85 too.

There's no question however, that 86 had THE worst heads of any Fox.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone would like to check out my videos where I talk about my Foxbody, the links are below!

If you wish to check them out, I hope you guys enjoy! ^^

Might consider starting your own thread and putting your videos up in there,that being said - I haven't watched them,but I probably will tomorrow lol :D

Last edited by a moderator: