Fox E303 Vs F303

Bill88Stang

Founding Member
Mar 8, 2000
Palm Coast FL
Which would give better fuel mileage during daily driving? Heard a lot of complaints about the e303 giving poor mileage. Just picked up a 89lx hatch Stock bottoms end 302, e303 cam, gt40 3 bar heads milled .030 with trick flow valve springs (stock rocker arms unfortunately) Msd billet dizzy, Holley 650 dp , victor Jr intake, bbk long tube headers Mac Pro chamber with flows . T5 with 4.10's aftermarket upper and lower rear control arms. Flaming river manual rack , battery in trunk , Holley electric blue fuel pump, no ac . Has stock springs front and rear right now but comes with eibach front drag springs and moroso rear trick springs. Has a brand new in the box f303 and was wondering if it was a better option since I will be putting quite a bit of miles on it every week.

• Sponsors (?)

I know the combo is mismatched having the victor Jr and a e cam just excited to have one again after being without one for 3 years. Wondering how the f cam would respond with that set up, maybe advance it another 2-4 degrees to bring back some low end .

You bought an 89 that originally had a very good EFI system on it that was converted to carb?
You might as well get used to fixing all the shoddy work and hacked up wiring that you will find once your really get into the car.

It seems that 90% of EFI to Carb conversions are done by people who either can't or won't lean how EFI works and how to fix it. Carbs are OK for a racetrack or car show only car. But they can't match a properly setup and maintained EFI system for overall performance in all weather, all driving conditions daily driver car.

Car was originally a 4 cyl car. Was my buddies for years it's actually clean and it great shape he wanted a notch and sold me this one cheap. Never given him a issuer in 10 years . This will be my second carbed fox mustang so that doesn't bother me. I have enough left over stuff to make it efi but this one is turn key. I was just wondering which can would bet me better results that's all

If ain't broke and turn key...why mess with it? However, with 4:10s on a T-5, the F cam IMO will make it a little more streetable because you'll lose a lil bit of low end torque but pick it up later in the curve. Makes it less jerky in traffic.

Now that being said my reason for not messing with it the waterpump bolts are known to corrode and break and it isn't worth the headache for me anymore unless its a track day/grudge match. Not a high possibility it will happen just food thought (pb blaster the night before)

If it drives fine as is, I wouldn't change it out. Not going to give a noticeable difference in fuel economy or performance IMO. If it were mine and I was determined to change, I would sell both of those came and order a custom designed specifically for my intended use. Should be able to sell those for around 2-250$(Just another 100-150$ for a custom).