E3ZR-6394-AA T-5 bellhousing

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Just got back from Fun Ford Weekend. Picked up a T-5 bellhousing for $15.

Got home, degreased it and got it all looking new again..then noticed the part number

E3ZR-6394-AA

That would mean it's an 83-85 t-5 bellhousing. I know 86+ Mustangs have an E6ZR bellhousing.

Can I still use it? It looks like a normal T-5 bell to me. Any major differences? Or will i be Ebaying this bad boy?

EDIT: Update Feb '21

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Bumping this thread.

My car is converted to 5-spd, and I used an E6 bellhousing.

But i still have the E3 bellhousing I want to toss on CL. Are these things worthless? Is there really a difference in the E3 vs E6 bellhousing considering they use the same flywheel?

I want to sell it, but i don't want to screw anyone over by selling them a "paperweight" either

NO PM's about it either please

So a e6 is the bellhousing for a 87 5.0 man t-5 because i was at the bone yard and i did see the e3 but told him i had to check at hime first. This will save me from getting under the car for today.

Hi guys
I am converting my automatic (c4) 66 mustang that has a 1985- 302 engine to manual.. I just scooped up a T5 wc off a 1999 mustang.. but I noticed the new separator plate doesn't line up with its bellhousing..reading ur advice to mustang5L5..If I now get a bellhousing off a 1983-93 mustang I should be ok to connect the 1985 engine to the 1999 T5 tranny? Also the 1999 T5 has an electrical speedometer connector.. I assume I can remove the electrical connector and install the mechanical one?

Hi guys
I am converting my automatic (c4) 66 mustang that has a 1985- 302 engine to manual.. I just scooped up a T5 wc off a 1999 mustang.. but I noticed the new separator plate doesn't line up with its bellhousing..reading ur advice to mustang5L5..If I now get a bellhousing off a 1983-93 mustang I should be ok to connect the 1985 engine to the 1999 T5 tranny? Also the 1999 T5 has an electrical speedometer connector.. I assume I can remove the electrical connector and install the mechanical one?

The 94-04 Mustang T5's use a longer input shaft. As a result, the V8 bellhousing (which is 94-95 302 as the 3.8L bellhousing won't work) is slightly deeper to account for this.

So you have two options. Either use a 94-95 V8 bellhousing, which pushes the trans back 3/4", or find an 83-93 bellhousing, and swap the input shaft and bearing retainer on the T5 over to a 90-93 input shaft.

The 94-04 Mustang T5's use a longer input shaft. As a result, the V8 bellhousing (which is 94-95 302 as the 3.8L bellhousing won't work) is slightly deeper to account for this.

So you have two options. Either use a 94-95 V8 bellhousing, which pushes the trans back 3/4", or find an 83-93 bellhousing, and swap the input shaft and bearing retainer on the T5 over to a 90-93 input shaft.
Thank you
Now for the electronic speedometer sensor on the 1999 T5... would I be able to convert that to mechanical

That’s a little tougher to do. In 1999, Ford went with a true electric speedometer that uses a tone ring on the shaft, and a VR sensor. It’s essentially the same setup as an ABS ring abs sensor.

to convert to mechanical, you’ll need to use a fox style tail shaft on the trans, and do some slight machining on the mainshaft. You’ll have to cut a groove, or drill a hole for the clip that secures the speedo driven gear on the mainshaft.

Oh man... ok so would u say that a

Speedometer Pulse Generator could be an option to convert the electrical T5 trans to mechanical 66 mustang speedometer ..if so would you know the specs of what to get? I saw this in my research.. but I hv no clue if I'm on the right path:​

Speedometer 8K Pulse Generator From Dakota Digital.​

Thank you ur efforts to school me on this