e6te < e7te = core???

• Sponsors (?)

No e6 heads are not the same as e7 castings. e7 heads flow better then the e6's. The e6 casting came on the 86 EFI mustangs. 87 ^ fox mustangs came with e7 castings. They will bolt right up in place of the e6 heads on your 86.
If they are only 100 dollars and you are planning on changing the heads, then buy them and return your e6 heads for the core.

accidentprone86 said:
No e6 heads are not the same as e7 castings. e7 heads flow better then the e6's. The e6 casting came on the 86 EFI mustangs. 87 ^ fox mustangs came with e7 castings. They will bolt right up in place of the e6 heads on your 86.
If they are only 100 dollars and you are planning on changing the heads, then buy them and return your e6 heads for the core.

not necessarily. I'd be VERY careful with this. I've had two good friends run into piston to valve clearance issues trying to install e7's on a bone stock never been reconditioned 86 block. There is a DAMN good chance those e7 heads won't work, then you'll be out your cash, and all that labor. Clay up a set of e7's to see if they'll work with your block before you plunk any cash down.

v8only said:
not necessarily. I'd be VERY careful with this. I've had two good friends run into piston to valve clearance issues trying to install e7's on a bone stock never been reconditioned 86 block. There is a DAMN good chance those e7 heads won't work, then you'll be out your cash, and all that labor. Clay up a set of e7's to see if they'll work with your block before you plunk any cash down.

True! Switching from E6's to E7s will move the valve faces 1/8th of an inch closer to those flat top pistons. Though some have claimed to make it work, I personally have not found one. I've tried twice on two different 86 stock blocks and did not have the clearance.

Daggar said:
True! Switching from E6's to E7s will move the valve faces 1/8th of an inch closer to those flat top pistons. Though some have claimed to make it work, I personally have not found one. I've tried twice on two different 86 stock blocks and did not have the clearance.

i did have e7s on my 86 shortblack (thanks to previous owner) and it didn't have any clearance problems...but i know have "my custom" e6s *

*see sig*