EBAY: Is it me or are these stock headers?

Quick5pnt0

Founding Member
Aug 21, 1999
north eastern PA
First off i want to say that i'm not bidding on these headers so it really doesn't matter but i just wanted to get everyones opinion on this.
Take a look at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33631&item=2445978234
The guy claims that they are stainless ford mustang headers that have been hts coated. They look like stock Mustang headers painted silver...LOL Were FMS shorty headers that kinked?
I can't believe people would bid $80+ for headers that look like stock headers (to me) especially from a guy with three negatives with only a feedback of 43.
What does everyone think? Are they stock?
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Stock headers might flow better than cast manifolds but that doesnt make them worth that kind of money. You can't give stock mustang headers away...or at least not until that auction..LOL
Or are you saying you think they are something other than stock headers? As far as i know no fords come with stainless headers stock.
Mike

rudeone: Stock mustangs come with headers but are kinked like those in that auction. Most guys on here have aftermarket shorty or long tube headers on their cars.

I feel sorry for the people who are bidding on these because even though he never says they are aftermarket headers i'm sure thats what they assume. Look at his feedback. Somebody said something about him selling an exhaust part that wasn't what he claimed it was. EBAY SCUM!

im sure everyone knows...he never said they were aftermarket or FMS...just FORD...its perfectly legit...the coating looks good and if its real, it is expensive. a stock set of "nice" looking headers goes for like 40-50 on ebay..browned set like 20-30...so its right around teh ballpark

plus the stockers are stainless, are are better than the earlier manifolds..and it is a good upgrade on those cars from manifolds to headers. and theres nothing wrong with the price as far as what ive seen other go for...not saying i would pay that, but thats what they go for

I totally agree that the stockers will flow better than a manifold but that price seems ridiculous because i literally threw my old ones away from my 92gt. Guess next time i'll spray them silver and sell them for $100...LOL
Did anyone notice the 77mm pro m that just sold on ebay for $50??? I was just about to bid on it (with two minutes left) and my FRIGGIN dial up connection locked up! ARGH!
Mike

Whatever they are, they will not flow well. See the kinks in the manifolds? Those look like stockers to me. If they aren't, who cares. They won't flow well.

If you are going to go through the trouble of installing headers, you might as well put some good ones. They aren't very expensive for our cars. EL shorties are cheap and they flow very well. Not like LT's, but that is a whole different subject.
Scott

Quick5pnt0 said:
First off i want to say that i'm not bidding on these headers so it really doesn't matter but i just wanted to get everyones opinion on this.
Take a look at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33631&item=2445978234
The guy claims that they are stainless ford mustang headers that have been hts coated. They look like stock Mustang headers painted silver...LOL Were FMS shorty headers that kinked?
I can't believe people would bid $80+ for headers that look like stock headers (to me) especially from a guy with three negatives with only a feedback of 43.
What does everyone think? Are they stock?
Mike

those are stock headers that are coated, what a joke

Those are stock pinched crap headers, that have been sprayed.

I like it how he tried to play them up, by saying Stainless steal shorty headers..
Yea, the stock ones are stainless, a very cheap grade of stainless, at that.
( forget the #) They are definetaly pre 94 headers ( but would work)

also HTS coating isnt that shiney or silver... its much more dull.