Ebay tail-light tint, what a pain

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
So i ordered some tail-light tint off ebay, the kind that just sticks to the lights and low and behold it doesnt fit right. What a suprise.

It's like they cut it to fit but it doesn't fit the contour of the light. The tint wants to fold where i curves to the roundness of the taillight.

Anyone else dealt with this? Any tips? I guess im going to have to trim it somehow to get it to fit right...

This is the stuff i bought BTW:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2654wt_868

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered some similiar to those. The ones I have look to be thinner than those. I installed mine yrs and they look great. I removed the tail lights when I installed them. They went one very easy. What does the instruction say on how to install them? Pearl02.

I got the same ones. mine didnt come with instructions. pita. I think your supposed to use a heat gun to put them on but I dont think that would work well either.

I just going with the niteshades another time. :)

This is the exact reason I don't want to buy tint on ebay anymore. But stangmods.com has some for like 60 bucks that is supposed to be way better and thicker but I hate to spend 60 bucks and dick it up. Any one installed them from stangmods?

I bought vinyl static cling from pep boys and cut out then installed it on my car. it looks good. If I had the money to buy 2 sets of taillights I'd use VHT nightshades on one and have the other for inspection, but in DE you aren't allowed to have tinted taillights so Cling on it is. haven't had them fall off or pull away in 3 years.

I was going to start selling them on ebay but I haven't found the time. I would prob sell for $10 plus $4 shipping
DSC01636.jpg

I bought vinyl static cling from pep boys and cut out then installed it on my car. it looks good. If I had the money to buy 2 sets of taillights I'd use VHT nightshades on one and have the other for inspection, but in DE you aren't allowed to have tinted taillights so Cling on it is. haven't had them fall off or pull away in 3 years.

I was going to start selling them on ebay but I haven't found the time. I would prob sell for $10 plus $4 shipping
DSC01636.jpg

I would be interested in a set if you sold them precut ;)

This is the exact reason I don't want to buy tint on ebay anymore. But stangmods.com has some for like 60 bucks that is supposed to be way better and thicker but I hate to spend 60 bucks and dick it up. Any one installed them from stangmods?

I got my tints from stangmods, easy install and zero problems for over 2 years :nice: I got the smoked tints since they seem to match the 3rd brakelight better than the blackout tints. Well worth the money IMO. and they seem smoother and more clear than the vht stuff.

Picture076.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

I had the 38% Ebay stuff on my car and I had no trouble putting it on at all. :shrug:

I just used the small piece of plastic as a squeegee and took my time working out the bubbles.

183442.jpg

One thing I liked about it was that it wasn't permanent. I ended up not really liking it that much and took it off. (Can't do that with the paint stuff)

I had the 38% Ebay stuff on my car and I had no trouble putting it on at all. :shrug:

I just used the small piece of plastic as a squeegee and took my time working out the bubbles.

183442.jpg

One thing I liked about it was that it wasn't permanent. I ended up not really liking it that much and took it off. (Can't do that with the paint stuff)

That looked so sick...shoulda left it ;)

I bought my tail light tint on ebay a few yrs ago, and they were perfect,exactly the same as the ones autobadges sells.....now, a few months ago a friend ordered some on ebay and when they arrived they were so CHEAP, like really cheap...paper thin and they weren't vinyl..more like hard plastic.

heres a pic when i had them..ebay stuff..20%...

View attachment 259989

I bought my tail light tint on ebay a few yrs ago, and they were perfect,exactly the same as the ones autobadges sells.....now, a few months ago a friend ordered some on ebay and when they arrived they were so CHEAP, like really cheap...paper thin and they weren't vinyl..more like hard plastic.

heres a pic when i had them..ebay stuff..20%...

View attachment 259934

Would you mind linking me to the seller?

Dittos bro - I do the same thing and have great success with them. I had them on my 02 GT, my wife's 01 GT, my friend's 04 GT and now my Mach. I also do the side markers. I thought about selling them myself as well. Best of Luck if you do.