Electrical ECM testing

• Sponsors (?)

Usually, you can tell a bad computer by removing the cover and looking at the circuit board. Use a magnifying glass and check all the caps for dark looking fluid...check for ashy white corrosion...and check the circuit paths for burn marks or broken paths...last but not least check for cracks around soldering points.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I have a used A9L that I know nothing about. Still has the factory seal. I got it in a trade. Want to use it on my ‘89 GT. So who do I send it to to have it tested?
The 5 speed 89 GT used an A9L, so there is nothing to be gained by swapping it for another A9L unless the one in the car is bad,.

Don't put an A9L in an auto trans car, you will damage the computer.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Most of the wiring inside the car is there. Nothing in the engine compartment, but I have a 89 harness for there. Some wires cut by the right kick panel. I posted pictures last year but I don’t remember getting any response.

Most of the wiring inside the car is there. Nothing in the engine compartment, but I have a 89 harness for there. Some wires cut by the right kick panel. I posted pictures last year but I don’t remember getting any response.
PM me your email address and I will send you a complete Ford Factory 89 Mustang electrical diagram set. The zip file is 2.5 MB and is too big to fit through Stangnet's email gateway.

The plug shapes on the diagrams match the plug shapes on the actual plug. The diagram is divided up by the layout of the car. The first diagram is for the very front of the car, and it works its way to the rear of the car page by page.

They are in a zip file format to reduce the size of the package. If you don't have Windows 7 or Windows 8, or later, you’ll need WinZip or other Windows archive tool to extract them from the zip file.. See www.majorgeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities for a free download.

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html - Adobe Reader download - All versions

Jrichker, Thanks but I have the factory Ford wireing diagrams. So far I’ve been able to identify one set of wires with plugs.But the cut wires are a little harder as there is no plug even close to them. There are a total of seven cut wires. I’ll get back on it next week as the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny.