ECU & DYNO-TUNE question?

FastGT50Stang

Sep 19, 2005
Chicago
Hey guys, i'm ready to get my car dyno-tuned, and i'm wondering what i should do with the ECU, will they just tune it through the stock computer or do i need to get a new one, and if i do, which one should i get.....thanks

the mods include-----
--TFS track heat heads
-TFS r-series intake manifold w/ 1" spacer
-accufab 75mm t/b w/ egr
-TFS track heat camshaft
-new ford racing lifters
-6.750" TFS pushrods
-MSD pro-billet distributor
-MSD 8.5mm wires
-MSD coil
-powertrax no-slip locker
-3:90:1 gear
-some suspension mods as well
-I still have the CAI, Bassani long-tubes, x-pipe, and catback

I THINK thats all the major upgrades, and i also still have to get a new MAF sensor calibrated for 24lb/hr injectors...NOW my question is what should i do with my ECU, b/c it'll only limit me to so much power.

THANKS
Stan

• Sponsors (?)

Well standard 'tune' would be having a chip burnt which they insert into the ECU..as with my SCT tune the chip is pluged into the ECU and has a switch that allows me to change programs from multiple programs available on the chip.

DMAN302 said:
Well standard 'tune' would be having a chip burnt which they insert into the ECU..as with my SCT tune the chip is pluged into the ECU and has a switch that allows me to change programs from multiple programs available on the chip.

So i should look into getting a SCT chip, JET, or something like that?

The tuner is the SCT dealer..he burns the chip that he supplies and that is inserted into the car. These are not off the shelf chips...or junk chips as I call them. If you're getting the car dyno tuned you need to ask the tuner what he's using and what he's going to do.