Pissed!! (Long!)

pleasehelp

Mar 11, 2003
Poplar Grove, Il
Ok, so there is a local Chrysler plant(where they use to build neons) and about four months ago they anounced that they were going to quit make neons and make a new car(Caliber) after they spends millions redoing the plant for the new car. They also announce that they were going to hire about 2,500 people to do this car.
They had only ran first shift for a long time and the others were laid off. And they were actually going to hire from the outside.
So I was excited that I had a chance to get in and make $26 making cars. Well, a friend told me the website to apply at and I remembered to do it at about 3a.m.(right before I was going to bed) so I applied and it freaking took me an hour just for that! No kidding!
So then a couple of weeks go by and I get this email from them saying that they want to test me. Cool! I go in on a saturday and it was 5.5 hours long test!:nonono: Later that week I get another email saying that they want to do another test on me. This test you had to stand for 4 hours putting crap together! So then I get an email saying that they want me to go on to the next step in the hiring process, which is an interview and this time they were supposed to call me. Here I am 3 months later and no call yet:mad: Yesterday I see the front page of the newspaper and it says workers are back to work building the Caliber at the plant! Then in a small caption it reads;"no local hiring for second shift is expected"!:bang:

WTF!!! I went through all that **** just so I would get nothing out of it!?! I've been waiting for this phone call that never came and won't come now!

What really pisses me off is that they made it a big deal that they were going to hire 2,500 people but what they didn't tell you is that they had to bring back all the laid off people and they also brought people from other plants to fill all those positions! So no local people got ****ing hired like they said they were going to!! That's all people talked about here and in the news for a month straight too.

And to top it off, in the middle of this, my dumbass bought a house,(wanted to before interest rates went up again) thinking I was a sure hire and now I'm not!!

Man! I had plans to remodel the house and fix the mustang but now I'll probably
just have enough to pay the mortage and that's about it!:nonono: :bang: :mad: :notnice: :Damnit: crapola :(

Ok, I'm done now. Sorry for the rant!

• Sponsors (?)

you live in/around rockford or belvidere huh? i'm in rockford. yea, i would also be very pissed about all the testing and waiting and no job. i'm kinda going through the same thing, waiting on a job. i haven't worked since august. good thing i live with my parents!

Two reasons they put you through that process:

A. It's probably a union job, hence the gross overpay.

B. It's a ****ty job and they need people who will stay. A high turnaround will cost them more and it's hard to fire union workers.

Getting that job would be like getting in with the mafia.

Zero Signal said:
Two reasons they put you through that process:

A. It's probably a union job, hence the gross overpay.

B. It's a ****ty job and they need people who will stay. A high turnaround will cost them more and it's hard to fire union workers.

Getting that job would be like getting in with the mafia.
why the Mafia? Its easy getting into the MAfia, no testing there.lol