edelbrock manifold, welding and porting pics.

98COBRA281

10 Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Port St. Lucie, Florida
the edelbrock is a very nice intake, but since its made to fit under a stock hood its not designed the best, very sharp curves in the ports ect. so i had some welding done to it, and im working on the porting now, along with the coolant mod (pretty much the same thing that 4v guys do)

before welding and porting

DSCN0975.jpg

after

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0989.jpg

smothed out, drilled and tapped for the coolant mod(driver side rear)

DSCN0983.jpg

coolant mod and welded intake ports

DSCN0985.jpg

before

DSCN0969dd.jpg

after, i also raised the top of the port.

DSCN0987.jpg

im still no where near done:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Nice man, it's awesome to see you get every bit out of that car you can.

When I was putting on my new intake this week, I really wished I was looking at an Edelbrock instead of a PI replacement... but then I realize I couldn't fit everything under the stock hood and that I'll possibly save it for the future. Now that I've done it, it's not a hard job and I wouldn't hesitate to swap it out for an Edelbrock, lol.

It's gonna be sweet to see the finished product.

Holy cow, not sure if it is just the combination of the angle of the pics and port work, but that intake looks like you ported the crap out of it. Any worries about flow velocity?

Good luck, when are you hitting the track again?

Holy cow, not sure if it is just the combination of the angle of the pics and port work, but that intake looks like you ported the crap out of it. Any worries about flow velocity?

Good luck, when are you hitting the track again?

yea i did alot of port work, but it really needed it! since these were designed for a carburator they dont have alot of volicilty, which fuel injected cars need.

ill be back at the track in about a month, the weather is just starting to cool down here in flroida:nice:

Wow, keep up the good work and hope you break into the low 11's

Thanks

i would really like to get 11.70's consistantly, and maybe bust out a few 11.50's on motor!